Sign in to follow this  

Help to determine shock piston

Just bought some second hand KYB A-kit suspension for my kids YZ85

complete forks with trees and 2 shocks

The shock that came of the bike used for training wasnt working proberly and what i found was that the piston was worn out in the area where the sims seals the ports (is this normal???

My question is if anyone recognize this piston so i can order a new one

the suspension was maintained at a mx-tech dealer if that helps

piston diameter is same as stock

DSC_0359.jpg

DSC_0358.jpg

DSC_0357.jpg

On the pictures i allready machined the piston ,but im not sure if it will hold up

Thanks

Kim

Just bought some second hand KYB A-kit suspension for my kids YZ85

complete forks with trees and 2 shocks

The shock that came of the bike used for training wasnt working proberly and what i found was that the piston was worn out in the area where the sims seals the ports (is this normal???

My question is if anyone recognize this piston so i can order a new one

the suspension was maintained at a mx-tech dealer if that helps

piston diameter is same as stock

DSC_0359.jpg

DSC_0358.jpg

DSC_0357.jpg

On the pictures i allready machined the piston ,but im not sure if it will hold up

Thanks

Kim

Usually it's not the piston face that fails, but more the piston band or o-ring behind the band. I am not saying that the face of the piston does not need surfaced from time to time assuring a good seal.( yes there are pistons with a small degree of slope to allow a certain amount of shim pre-load) If it is surface to ensure a proper seal of the shims it will be ok.

I see what you meen and its possible that its part of the problem (but still i need a partnr for pistonband etc)

But the packing surface was deff. damaged ,it was easy to see as the anodizing was worn away in the area where the sims is opening

i had to machine aprox 0,1mm away to get it strait, afterwards i polished the surface on a glasplate

Thanks

Kim

I see what you meen and its possible that its part of the problem (but still i need a partnr for pistonband etc)

But the packing surface was deff. damaged ,it was easy to see as the anodizing was worn away in the area where the sims is opening

i had to machine aprox 0,1mm away to get it strait, afterwards i polished the surface on a glasplate

Thanks

Kim

I would check a Mx-tech affiliate, and see if that is their piston. I haven't seen any of their latest designs, but it looks like it might be theirs.

I would check a Mx-tech affiliate, and see if that is their piston. I haven't seen any of their latest designs, but it looks like it might be theirs.

thanks

i was kind of hoping that someone could say ,hey thats a :::: piston:smirk:

and make things a bit easyer for me

i will see what i can find

Kim

That looks like a Mx-tech piston to me. I have one layin around and it looks just like it.

Thanks

Ill give them a call

Kim