Sign in to follow this  

Changing your AMA card?

There is this series I race in which usually holds around 16 to 18 rounds of races a year. When you go to one of the races and compete in it they will post the results of the race event on their website which will include your bike brand,race #,and your first and last name and your city and state in the place you finished and also they post your point standings.

I dont like my name being posted on the internet and where I'm from. I would like for the series to not even post my results but I guess they have to do it cause of the awards at the end of year and contingency from the factorys.

I was just wnting to make a few minor changes like maybe changing my first name to my dads name and using another address. This change will be just for one season which will be next year and then i will change it back.

So if you win a series championship it will go down in history that your dad did it? Or worse you get called out for it and protested with someone your battling with and the AMA finds out and you get banned. I had a buddy that raced in another guys name and they both got banned from competition for 2 years by the AMA. Does not sound worth it just race in your own name and if you dont like results being posted on the internet don't race. Sounds like your trying to keep someone from finding out you race to me.

So if you win a series championship it will go down in history that your dad did it? Or worse you get called out for it and protested with someone your battling with and the AMA finds out and you get banned. I had a buddy that raced in another guys name and they both got banned from competition for 2 years by the AMA. Does not sound worth it just race in your own name and if you dont like results being posted on the internet don't race. Sounds like your trying to keep someone from finding out you race to me.

You hit the nail on the head!..........I want to race but dont wont my workplace to know if I call in one day to race.

I do the same thing, for the same reason. I don't need my personal info. plastered all over the internet. I always use a phony birthdate as well, I don't fudge it by years but by date and month.

Wait until some assh*le has used your identity to rack up $12,000 in debt somewhere and see what you think about trying to protect it then.

But CaptainKnobby, the main reason I do it is so that people don't know that I race. Then I can call in sick and no one there will know what I'm up to, man there's just no foolin' people like devon466 !!

I dont know its just kinda shady to race under a different name, pay to play if you cant man up to tell your work you got hurt on your bike you probably should not have one. Sounds more like your trying to dodge the insurance co. to me(in case you get hurt racing).

Just curious, but who exactly are you hiding it from?

When I was rodeoin, I paid for my own insurance... Not sure how they found out, as I did try and keep my name off the web for that. Contact the organizer and tell them you don't want your last name online, they'd just change it to first-name, last-initial. But after insurance found out, they quickly started dropping coverage and raising premiums.

If you're hiding it from co-workers... sounds like you need a new job :rofl

I figured it would get like this .......so I'll tell ya!

Its not to dodge the insurance or to be dishonest. where i work we get all kinds of time off. I work 12 hour days on a 3-2 schedule. Meaning .....like today and tommorow and sunday I'm off. I work Mon and Tues and off Wed and Thur and then work next weekend and so forth. I get every other weekend off.

I work for the state and earn comp time which is time you earn for working holidays or not. I can carry 288 hours vacation time a year and earn 10 hours of sick time a month,which I have over 730 hours sick time now.

Here's the catch. Every year in october(usually the last sunday we work) we do vacations. I put in for the weekends I dont have off so I can race. Thing is we have to put in for a minimum of 2 consecutive days in a row not to exceed 17 days straight (including off days).

Thing is....we do vacations before my series promotor does the series schedule which leaves me guessing which weekends are the close races.

My work lets us call in three times a year unexcused(without a Dr.'s note) unless....they find out we called in sick and was somewhere else.

They about had me last year when I called in at the last race of the year and they pulled up on the internet of the series I was in and looked up the results of that day and seen my name and race# and address(city/state)

Fortunately I had been sick that week and had went to the Dr. and when they asked me if I had a Dr.'s note I said yes. they asked me where it was and I told them it was at the house. When I worked off that day I went to the Dr. i went to that week when I was sick and told them i needed a note for that weekend i was sick. They thought it was the race weekend and wrote it for that weekend which worked out good. I took the note to work the next couple days later and gave it to em and was covered.

This year I didnt get the last race off and was going to call in but new they were watching to see if I would so I didnt and had to miss it. I put in the 60 day board ahead of time to get the day off but they still didnt let me have it said they were short. I looked on the roster at that day and seen they were going to be 1 person short but later on found out that they let someone else off that day that didnt put in on the board just so they could keep me from being off(dirty,dirty).

Anyways.....I'm waint to change at least my first name on the card and use my wifes mothers address and this way they cant say anything.

just when i thought ive heard it all:banghead: there are enough fake people and scammers around as it is...man up and be who you are and dont lie about your age or dont race...this is downright dishonest and anyone who does anything like this should be barred,,,no exceptions:foul: there is no way a coworker would know to get on the internet and find results from a mx race if they dont ride or race themselves...this whole post is rediculous:smirk:

Not this bunch I work for. Thats why I'm transferring to a different facility hopefully by next spring....Thats if they get it opened up by then.

The white shirts at work. They will try anything to get you wrote up. i'm just hoping the new facility that was built near me will be open by this next spring so I can transfer to it.

I can't figure out why anyone on TT would either care about what you want to do, nevermind get mad about it. Honestly people, there are bigger more important things in the world to get mad about.

I say go for it, anyway you can. And I say screw anyone else who wants to get upset about it.

:thumbsup:

I can't figure out why anyone on TT would either care about what you want to do, nevermind get mad about it. Honestly people, there are bigger more important things in the world to get mad about.

I say go for it, anyway you can. And I say screw anyone else who wants to get upset about it.

All I asked was if you could change the info on your AMA card like your first name and still keep the amount of years that you were with them and your same AMA #

All I asked was if you could change the info on your AMA card like your first name and still keep the amount of years that you were with them and your same AMA #

Are you an officer? I plan on hitting the academy in a year when I am 21 and in better shape.

Time for a new job.Yay i have quitt more than one for deer season and races ect. last one had to be "on call" every few weekends,money was good but i gotta have my me time.Luv the one i have now 7months a year,no weekends.

We all make choices.

How about you go to the race and i am sure they do AMA cards there for each event , just give them a fake name and info , for that race , you get the 1 event AMA card and your done , AND no one at work will know that you participated !

...that is what i would do if i was in your situation , either that or tell them that , it was your day off (weather it be sick or had to take care of personal business) and its none of their business what you do at your time away from work and if they write you up you will file a complaint with the company or with the Employment department for harassment !

Either way you get to race on the weekend you wish

• Like 1

I know, I just can't understand why some people here are so upset about it. If I was in your shoes, I'd be looking to do the exact same thing !

I know a guy Juan and Pablo that make fake ids, maybe they can hook you up with a fake ama card, lol. OK im done i cant believe that i read this post.

Time for a new job.Yay i have quitt more than one for deer season and races ect. last one had to be "on call" every few weekends,money was good but i gotta have my me time.Luv the one i have now 7months a year,no weekends.

We all make choices.

I really dont wont to quit cause I have it made where I'm at. I dont have to do anything but be there. If they get this other facility opened up that is a mile and 8 tenths from the house so I can transfer to it i will be at the top of the totem pole and will be able to get a monday-friday job 8 hours a day.

How about you go to the race and i am sure they do AMA cards there for each event , just give them a fake name and info , for that race , you get the 1 event AMA card and your done , AND no one at work will know that you participated !

...that is what i would do if i was in your situation , either that or tell them that , it was your day off (weather it be sick or had to take care of personal business) and its none of their business what you do at your time away from work and if they write you up you will file a complaint with the company or with the Employment department for harassment !

Either way you get to race on the weekend you wish

They do give you a slip but its for the AMA card which is $40.00 and then you wait about 3 to 4 weeks before you get the card in the mail.

Then you just bring the card at each race and they have this computer where you swipe your card and then you just select the buttons with the proper info.....like.....name,race #,classes you wont to race in.