Sign in to follow this  

Foam Handguards?

The last few days my morning commute has been in the 30 degree F range... and needless to say, my hands have gotten a little chilly.

was thinking about getting these.. http://www.dirtrider.com/gearbag/141_0904_gear_bag_moose_racing_foam_hand_guards/index.html

has anyone used them or something similar and how well do they work? i know i can get heated grips or heated gloves, was just hoping to find a more cost effective solution.

and if you have used them, what are the demensions? Pics would be awesome...

Rocky mountain mc's Tusk grip heaters are ~$20. I have read nothing but good reviews about them. I would have gotten them but I got another set for $30 because I was ordering tires from that place anyway.

Yes, They help alot, I run them on my snowbike, other than filling with snow when I fall over they work great..

Nice. it seems like this will be a good place to start. of course if they don't do what i need i can always make the move to heated grips or something like that. have them ordered they should be here wednesday...

I have a set of grip heaters. They are nice an toasty but for me its the tops of the fingers that get really cold. The grip heaters cannot compete with the cold wind. I will be getting a set of these for my ride soon.

I ended up getting them and i think they have done a great job so far (only 2 rides) my fingers were still just a little chili but not nearly as much as before. they obviously add no heat, they just block wind. but i think that if you use them together with the grip heaters you already have they will be amazing...

I have Gerbing's heated gloves. http://gerbing.com/Products/Gloves/T5.php

last year i rode in 19 degree (F) weather until my visor actually froze! Hands were toasty though. Even have to turn the heat down when stopped at traffic lights because they are too warm. At freeway speeds, they are perfect. in 35+ degree days I don't even have to plug them in, they are well insulated.