Parting out 2005 DR650SM. Lot's of Mods

Selling my DR soon and Since I can get much over KBB with all the mods, I'm considering returning it to stock. That way I'll get more for the parts plus selling of the bike. Pain in the neck to stip it down and reassemble, but I really need the money.

A lot of items I will need a stock (or whatever) replacement in trade, but some parts I already have. All parts installed on my '05 DR650.

See pics here: https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9333447&postcount=1090

More pictures available upon request.

If I require a trade and you are local (or close enough to come down), I will help you swap the components. Otherwise I will need the stock components before I ship mine. (if you're willing to trust a fellow TT'er)

Here's what I may have for sale and/or trade:

SM Conversion: Includes SM wheelset, caliper relocation bracket, EBC 320mm Rotor, and Front USD forks (and everythign needed to mount them). See below for details. $1200 + your stock parts to replace them

• Custom Black anodized CRF250R Forks, w/ RACETECH gold valves (revalved and rebuilt by Racetech in Carona, Ca), w/ Applied Racing Lower Clamp (annodized Red) & Stock CRF250R upper clamp. No controls included. -Over $1000 value

• SM Wheels (Rad Hubs w/ Cush, CACR wheels, anodized nipples, Michelin Pilot Road Tires - 150/70 & 120/70), 320mm EBC Supermoto front rotor w/ caliper bracket (front wheel is for CRF250R to match front forks) - $1200+ value

Black Acerbis Supermoto fender & fork guards - negotiable (preference given to SM buyer)

Gold Valved rear shock w/ Eibach spring - $150 plus trade

40mm FCR MX w/ linkage & throttle tube (jetted for current configuration). Gold Moose Air/fuel screw. Has hot start & TPS (not needed). Professionally disassembled, Conversion coated, flat black ceramic paint and baked on. (resistant to oil/gas). Includes Everything needed to install except spacer (for intake manifor OR air filter) - $500

Staintune full exhaust system (slight ding on muffler, but not bad) - $499

Black Trailtech X2 DOT Dual-sport headlight (no stickers). Plug and play. Also fits DRZ - $99

Will also put these in Classifieds section soon.

Might have some other Misc things along the way...

All prices are "Or Best Offer"

Edited by Testa Rossa

These prices are way crazy. $500 for a FCR carb wouldn't be a bad deal if it wasn't used, had the spacers and you didn't want a stock one in return. Everthing would be sold in a day if the prices were reasonable.

Oh.. and I DON'T want a stock on in return. I already have it.

More info on the FCR-MX.

Jetted for Staintune Exhaust and Airbox mods. Mine also has High Compression Piston which really doesn't affect Air/Fuel Ratio. Some people will jet a little Rich just for a margin of safety, but It seems fine to me running 91 Octane. Jetted for best performance @ 3,000 Ft Alt. Runs a little lean at sea-level, but not TOO lean.

Has Choke, TPS, and Hot Start (w/ Cable)

Hot start not required for 650, but I didn't want to spend the money to eliminate it.

Carb completely rebuilt >500 miles ago.

Completely stripped, applied conversion coating and High Temp Ceramic (Flat black).

Has moose air/fuel screw.

Includes push/pull throttle tube and cable. Cable was brand new at time of rebuild.

Does NOT have vacuum port for stock petcock.

You have 3 choices. Run stock Petcock on Prime (PRI), which eliminates your reserve (which is what I do). Use and aftermarket petcock which does not require a vacuum port, or drill & Install a new vacuum port in the carb (which isn't as easy).

FCR is complete and Bolt-in Ready, however...The spacer is somewhat jerry-rigged (although it works fine). Has an Intake manifold spacer (vs. spacer between carb and air box) with three stacked rubber gaskets cut to shape. This was originally planned as a temporary install until I could get a composite or aluminum spacer machined. But this worked well enough and I never had any issues, so I never got around to it. You can use this spacer, but a new machined one would be better. Good thing about rubber... It doesn't need additional gaskets to seal well. It seals itself.

Never did take any pictures while I was building it, but I'll take a few on the bike, and some close ups when I take it off..

I'm asking $500 obo.

But I'm a reasonable guy...will consider a reasonable offer. ?

Here is my reasoning on the price..

Good clean carb can go for $350 on Flea-bay (some more, some less).

Used Carbs complete with throttle linkage, cable & throttle tube are usually over $500 for just a take-off (again, some more, some less).

This one is completely rebuilt, super clean, ceramic coating, new cable, jetted specifically for 650, and bolt-in ready (caveat: I recommend a new spacer, but not required).

Proven performance, no guess work, and bolt-on ready. I've done all the work for you. Shouldn't need much (if any) tuning to get it running and/or working right. but if i does, I will offer personal support until you get it running right (which should be as easy as bolting in, but if not I'm still here for you).

Even so... if you pick it up and bring your bike, I'll even help you install it! (If you want me to just mail it... it's your choice)

Gold Valved rear shock w/ Eibach spring - $150 plus trade

sorry you may have mentioned this but how old is the spring and setup? and are you selling the full shock? plus the stock one of mine?

I don't remember exactly how old they are. They were on the bike when bought from the previous owner (in 2007). I've put about 9000 miles on it (all street). Springs still seem pretty ridgid tho..

Yes. I am selling the full shock. Completely asssembled. Just take out your shock, and pop this one in and you're good to go.

Coming right off my bike. So yes, that I why I need your stock shock to replace it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Still have a few items for sale.

Prices are negotiable, so shoot me a reasonable offer.

See pics here: http://www.thumperta...&postcount=1090

More pictures available upon request.

If you are local (or close enough to come down), I might be willing to help you swap the components.

Here's what I still have for sale and/or trade:

SM Conversion (wheels & forks together): $????? (plus I need stock or modified replacement)

Includes SM wheelset, caliper relocation bracket, EBC 320mm Rotor, and Front USD forks (and everythign needed to mount them). See below for details.

• Custom Black anodized CRF250R Forks, w/ RACETECH gold valves (revalved and rebuilt by Racetech in Carona, Ca), w/ Applied Racing Lower Clamp (annodized Red) & Stock CRF250R upper clamp. -Over $1000 value

• SM Wheels (Rad Hubs w/ Cush, CACR wheels, anodized nipples, Michelin Pilot Road Tires - 150/70 & 120/70), 320mm EBC Supermoto front rotor w/ caliper bracket (front wheel is for CRF250R to match front forks) - $1200+ value

Black Acerbis Supermoto fender & fork guards - negotiable (will consider swap with SM conversion)

Staintune full exhaust system (slight ding on muffler, but not bad) -$???

Black Trailtech X2 DOT Dual-sport headlight (no stickers). Plug and play. Also fits DRZ - $99