Sign in to follow this  

Cam chain noise

I hate to start another thread about the same topic, but the research I've done has left me empty handed.

Now I understand the Z's motor is far from quiet. But I can clearly hear the cam chain rattling when I lean over next to the motor, and it seems slightly louder than when I first bought the bike. I literally got my MCCT in the mail today, planning on installing that this weekend. Will this this quiet the cam chain anymore? The bike has 2500 miles on it, I wouldn't think the cam chain is worn by now, but I'm considering replacing it if it doesn't quiet up after the MCCT install.

Any pointers would be appreciated, thanks all!

I hate to start another thread about the same topic, but the research I've done has left me empty handed.

Now I understand the Z's motor is far from quiet. But I can clearly hear the cam chain rattling when I lean over next to the motor, and it seems slightly louder than when I first bought the bike. I literally got my MCCT in the mail today, planning on installing that this weekend. Will this this quiet the cam chain anymore? The bike has 2500 miles on it, I wouldn't think the cam chain is worn by now, but I'm considering replacing it if it doesn't quiet up after the MCCT install.

Without going diggin up those threads, YES!!! The OEM spring tensioner is crap. Make sure to install and adjust the MCCT properly. http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=639008&garpg=2

I just tightened mine after noticing noise, and not only did the noise go away, the bike is *truly* more responsive.

“Will this this quiet the cam chain anymore?” quite or quieter is very subjective.

The MCCT will allow some additional noise over a 2003 and later design ACT. Simply because the ACCT places TOO much pressure on the chain, and the MCCT has a larger window of acceptable adjustability.

yeah i removed the decomp 2 days ago. it did make less mecanical noise on idel i think i makes you hear the chain a bit more when riding i find. but on idel is quiter...i think to solve my chain noise is to get rid of the stock exhaust