Sign in to follow this  

Haulmark passport trailer

What? You're stepping up from the hitch hauler on the back of the mini-van-like thing?

Good to hear from you 'hauler'! Hopefully you have been able to keep riging a ton. I have been using a regular trailer to haul my stuff around. The hitch hauler comes in handy when I need to pick up my latest Craigslist find or when I just need to haul my son's crf50.. Actually, once I bought my 250x (the bike I rode with you) I caught the bug! I now own 3 dirt bikes, a 4 wheeler, a boat, and a sled. I can hardly get my car in the garage! I am also remodeling my cabin this winter. I need an enclosed trailer bad! My vehicle is a Honda Pilot (not a minivan!). One of the best vehicles I have owned. Tons of room inside - seats 8 adults if needed, can pull 4500 lbs, and gets fairly decent mpg. Any thoughts on the trailer? I went to Brinkman's in Forest Lake and they were very helpful.

Good to hear from you 'hauler'! Hopefully you have been able to keep riging a ton. I have been using a regular trailer to haul my stuff around. The hitch hauler comes in handy when I need to pick up my latest Craigslist find or when I just need to haul my son's crf50.. Actually, once I bought my 250x (the bike I rode with you) I caught the bug! I now own 3 dirt bikes, a 4 wheeler, a boat, and a sled. I can hardly get my car in the garage! I am also remodeling my cabin this winter. I need an enclosed trailer bad! My vehicle is a Honda Pilot (not a minivan!). One of the best vehicles I have owned. Tons of room inside - seats 8 adults if needed, can pull 4500 lbs, and gets fairly decent mpg. Any thoughts on the trailer? I went to Brinkman's in Forest Lake and they were very helpful.

Don't have much experience with Brinkman's, only stopped in there once-they seemed really nice and helpful that time (was in search of parts).

What size are you looking at? I just sold my 5x10 Timberwolf that had a V-nose front end, and although the low height was nice for towing and fuel mileage, it made the back of my noggin sore on more than one occasion.

The specs look to be about similar to my trailer, and I had no issues. I do notice they use a spring axle, I had torsion (rode better).

I notice the passport has the jack in the center of the tongue. For you that probably won't be an issue, but for me it was a PITA cuz I couldn't open the tailgate on the truck without disconnecting from the trailer.

I'd opt for the 3/8" plywood liner instead of the Luan thin cardboard that's standard.

I had a 6X10 Passport for 10 years to haul my bikes. I was able to get 4 into it. I also hauled band equipment when my kids were in band. I recently sold it to my brother in law to haul his camping stuff. For me the trailer held up fine. The luan paneling got a few holes punched in it, but other than that I really liked the trailer.