Sign in to follow this  

Help! Identify ALL innards of Mikuni tm 34 for XR280!

Hi, I got lucky and found a great guy in the USA who is sending over a used Mikuni TM34 carb for me to England, UK, for when I fit my 78mm Piston to my old `86 XR250. The problem is, it came off a 2 stroke bike. Please can someone tell me what flat slide cutaway number is used for this carb on a 280 XR, the needle jet no. and jet needle no. and roughly, where to start with main and pilot jet size please? I dont expect ya to strip ur carb just for me but maybe someone wrote these things down last time u stripped ur carb or have this info for some reason? It would be INVALUABLE HELP to me, as I doubt a carb kit supplier can be bothered to tell me this info if i`m not buying the kit!

Also, Having probs here in England finding the airboot that fits between the XR250R airbox and Mikuni TM34 carb. Please, could anyone send me one and i`ll pay you thru Paypal?

If YOU could help me, I would be very grateful if you would please contact Bungee Steve, Email: shagger3@hotmail.co.uk Thanks for any help, Ride safe!

Cheers! Bungee Steve