Sign in to follow this  

Few KX250F Questions

Hello everyone. I have a quick question.

My awesome wife decided that after a brief hiatus, we should get back into riding. A friend of mine has a 2009 KX250F for sale with about 100 hours on it. We're wondering what a fair price for it would be.

We also have a dealer offering to sell a new 2011 KX250F for $6999.

Any insight on the situation? Is one of these a better deal than the other?

It depends on what kind of shape it is in. Does he baby the bike or is it ridden hard? Does he take care of it, oil changes, filter always clean, wash it ever ride, repack the bearing..etc.. That all factors is in the price. I just picked up a 09 and got it under 3000 and the top end was just redone.

For a 2011 kx250f i think 6999 is alittle over price. I've seen used 11 go from 4200-5500.. I had a buddy buy a 11 rmz250 brand new last year at this time and he picked it up for less then 6999.. I think he got it for 6700 otd...keep shopping onless you think your getting a great deal

i got a 09 kx250f in real good shape, aside from the chain was worn out and the fork seals are leaking. i paid 3100. this was 2 months ago

low enough hours where the engines never been part

i would say 3000-3300 is a good price depending on the shape its in and the parts it has. i always like to pay $200-$300 more if it has a nice exhaust setup that cost $1,000 up front. saves you $700 on exhaust that you were probab;y gonna but anyways. a 2011 should sell for smething like $5,600 being that i can get a 2012 off the floor for 63-64 right now. 6999 is over price for even a brand new 2012 OTD

I would personally go for the 09 for about 2500, rebuild the motor just to be safe (about $600 give or take depending on what you have done) have the suspension revalved, new tires and call it a day, a awesome bike and saves you 2g's still over a new one, and you wont take as much of a hit if you ever decide to sell it in the future