Sign in to follow this  

Looking for suggestions/prices to replace stock tank on 03 E

I just need a bit more capacity than stock for my 03 E...nothing outrageous or too pricey. Anybody have experience with what I need?

Also need a speedo. Would a GPS be practical? Which one? Mounting info?

Bruce

The Clarke 3.6 is a nice tank for the E. Check out justgastanks.com for pricing, last time I looked it was right about $200

Personally I would not own or ride a bike with the Clarke tank, the ergos and design just don’t work for me or my riding style. The rise in the front of the seat, the huge hump nut buster, is not to my liking,, But I know a lot of folks like it well enough.

The IMS 3.2 tank is a moderate bump in capacity, and the IMS 4 gal tank a larger bump, if you like the “wings” the 4 gal tank has which replace the radiator shrouds.

What Eric said..... I use the IMS 3.2g clear on both my DRZ's....no fitting issues....

DSC02340.jpg

For a speedo the popular choice the Trail Tech Vapor....It has lots of features....once again I run them on both bikes........If you decide to go with one, I recommend you use the Top handlebar clamp mount..

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Tucker_Rocky_Offroad_2010/default.asp?p=817

DSC02345.jpg

Check Just Gas tanks for the best price I've found, includes shipping too. The IMS is the only one that doesn't stick up in front of the seat. Look at the Acerbis in the earlier post with some that interferes with riding position.

IMS 4 gallon, which is actually 4.2, so figure an easy 200 mile range. One bad thing, gets rid of the radiator shrouds and stickers won't stick to the tank. If that's important to ya.

IMG_0973.jpg

Clarke 3.6 doesnt stick up infront, works with unabiker E model radiator guards and fits the kick start lever. most people do not realize that there is a 3.6 tank and that it looks like,the oem tank at first glance.