Sign in to follow this  

Trouble starting with power commander plugged in.

Hey there,

Having a bit if trouble with my 2009 CRF450.

When cold the bike will start in 4 to 5 kicks once started the bike will idle perfectly and gets up to operating temperature. It's here I have trouble once I shut the bike off it won't start again until it's been left to sit there for hours "to cool down I think"

I have checked all the common trouble shooting areas such as valves, spark plug, fuel pump, fuel filter and spark running to the spark plug all seems to be good and within specified working tolerances.

I have a dyno jet power commander fitted to the bike and have never had an issue with it but upon disconnecting the power commander the bike will actually start cold and hot once I shut it off after reaching operating temperature.

If any one has any info on troubleshooting this problem or experienced the same issues with this unit your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

had the same problem with my bike with the pcv took it ooff.then i sent the ecu to eddie and had him remapp it and it runs so much better now

I have the exact same problem with mine and still have not found the problem. replaced the pc5 already and still doesnt work. looses spark when i plug it in but starts and runs fine without. did u find the problem???

Hey there, still having trouble with the bike. Have tried everything including setting the power commander mapping to all zeros! Which is what is classified as stock engine mapping. Yet still no joy the bike starts fine with the unit removed but won't start with any form of power commander being my one or a new one at the shop from which I purchased it.

It's got me thinking that maybe there is something else That has been affected by running a power commander.

How's many hours has your bike got on it?

Cheers Skratch

My bike has about 100 hours on it, and we are starting to think something is wrong with the stock cdi unit, or the "receiving" part of the ecm which gets info from the power commander, but were not sure, just putting bike back together today, see what happens.