CBR wheel motard conversion.

I have just completed my motard conversion on my E, using cbr250rr rims.

I'm very happy with the result and the 6 spoke, 17's look the part.

i highly recommend this path as an alternative to buying spoked rims.

All up including new Battlax BT45's its cost about $950.

I was lucky enough that my brother could machine the spacers for me and this potentially saved 150-$200 ( and the're stainless :ride: )

Ken Cambell was more then happy to answer my questions and the disc adapter and caliper adapter give you heaps of options for front brake's

The doctor will now happily lean in at 120 and stay planted, gear changes are slicker than ever with the kush hub and top speed is about 165. ?

Finished.jpg

300827_10150324384792791_630337790_8397934_1555976492_n.jpg

and just so u can see what ive done since i bought the bike. this is how it was when i bought it

drz.jpg

Edited by simonflan
Pictures
  • Like 1

the info packs ken provides can be used for various wheels.

cbr250r the 5 spoked wheels, i think. im sure u get the r in US

even using a fireblade 600 front wheel, for extra width.

and vtr250 spada wheels.

its all a similar process though spacer lengths will be different.

weight... the rear is quite heavy, because of the sprocket carrier, sprocket and disc.

the front is reasonable. obviously more than the stock wheels.

im only new to to the road bike scene so i couldnt tell you how it compares to other bikes handling wise. but for my kicks its great

weight... the rear is quite heavy, because of the sprocket carrier, sprocket and disc.

the front is reasonable. obviously more than the stock wheels.

im only new to to the road bike scene so i couldnt tell you how it compares to other bikes handling wise. but for my kicks its great

I used CBR 250 wheels to motard an XR650R I had a while back...

They are much heavier than the spoked type, but did give it better stability on high speed sweepers....

the info packs ken provides can be used for various wheels.

cbr250r the 5 spoked wheels, i think. im sure u get the r in US

Your right we do, but I’ve never seen one for sale, nor in a wreckers, just not a common beast here as we do not have tiered licensing,, so 250s are not big sellers.

But your correct, it is sold in the US. Thanks

Nice setup but did you say 160 top speed? That seems pretty darn fast for a DRZ of any kind. Or is that 160kmph instead of mph

Yeah 160km/h that's getting pretty uncomfortable even getting down behind the screen

Plastics look good. Is that a custom job?

Its a 28 litre safari tank with some di-noc and red penstriping I did myself and the the side panels are trimmed. Be careful of di-noc on tanks it does bubble but u can cut small ''breather'' slots in various places that ull never see