The all new 2012 Honda CR250R

It's going to come stock with Renthal bars, Excel rims and talon hubs, heavy duty stainless steel spokes and nips, proper squish band clearance, a properly sealed airbox and all the fixins to things that were there for decoration, but didn't really have a function, like the left RC valve cable spring. Oh, and it's back to a 2 ring piston instead of a single keystone ring and is going to have spot on jetting with a totally redesigned Keihin Carb...

Happy belated April fools everyone ?

Sounds like you want a TM250mx.

Never heard of these, supposed to be a KTM spinoff / knockoff ? KTM stands for the 3 guys initials that started the company, maybe 2 of them left and started another company, leaving MR. K out of the picture.

Doesn't Yamaha make musical instruments ???

:worthy:

Yes, the musical sound of blown / grinding gears. It's a beautiful thing watching gears just drop from the trans on a Yami, and when you change the oil it looks like the trans puked ? that'll just about do it.... yup.

why do you guys always have to stain threads I start with Yamaha, Kawasucki and TM.... you know what TM stands for don't you ? Thunder Monster :ride:

It's a beautiful thing watching gears just drop from the trans on a Yami

Atieri is not exaggerating. Just ask Mike Leavitt how durable the YZ gearboxes are when he attempted to qualify for the Southwick National last year. Hint- he had a long push back to the pits. Better yet, call Derek Harris at HP Bikes and ask him what the exact composition of the Yamaha gear material is. He sent a sample of my blown YZ gears to a Doctorate level metallurgist for analysis. Just ASK him what the results were.... (210) 882-0330. Call him.

http://www.hpbikes.com/

To repeat- the YZ's have good motors, great suspension, average (at best) brakes, mediocre handling, average ergonomics, WEAK gearboxes.

Edited by APBT

call Derek Harris at HP Bikes and ask him what the exact composition of the Yamaha gear material is. He sent a sample of my blown YZ gears to a Doctorate level metallurgist for analysis.

I'm guessing the Yamaha gears are either made out of plastic ? or cast iron.

I've always said If I ever got anything other than Honda, I would probably try Suzuki, and I've never even done that. Yamaha, KTM and Kawasaki are simply out of the question for me. Honda never gave me a reason to go anywhere else, so that's where I'll stay.