Sign in to follow this  

Supercross DirectTV

So I just subscribed to DirectTV and signed a 2 year contract. While watching Fuel I get a little notice at the bottom that DirecTV is dropping Speed, Fuel, National geographic, and a few other channels 11/1/11. ***!?!? I just switch from Comcast so I can get Fuel add now they pull this shit/ :thumbsup: I guess I wont be watching SX or MX :ride:

So I just subscribed to DirectTV and signed a 2 year contract. While watching Fuel I get a little notice at the bottom that DirecTV is dropping Speed, Fuel, National geographic, and a few other channels 11/1/11. ***!?!? I just switch from Comcast so I can get Fuel add now they pull this shit/ :ride: I guess I wont be watching SX or MX :worthy:

I don't watch it on TV either. I'll find a torrent, download it, then watch it without the commercials. You just have to steer clear of MX sites/news until you watch it. :thumbsup:

don't loose hope yet. Fox has asked for way more money, but they will prolly reach an agreement before nov 1 or shortly after. This is not the first time this has happened and next year the cable companies contract is coming up as well. its not directv,its fox who want 40% more money than the charged before.:thumbsup:

Get dish network....there better than direct tv and have all the channels I got it to watch moto as well...they will prob buy u out of ur direct tv contract to!

Yeah I saw that too,if they get rid of speed and fx,goodbye direct tv as it is Im having trouble w the concept of 125 a month for freaking tv.Time to put set out on the curb and actually get more riding in:D

They threaten to drop those channels every year or so, but never actually do it. Kinda use the threat for bargaining power for contract negotiations I think.

I use to work for Directv billing. To get out of your contract would be probably $460 if you cancel now. Most of the time buyi ng out of the contract means the most the other company could give you would be around $200. But its still a lot of shyt you have to go through just to get that money. I quit about a month ago, Directv is very shady and i would not do business with them

I have directv also and I saw those messages lastnight while watching nat geo and was kinda bummed. Hopefully they reach some sort of agreement soon.

Once our contracts up were leaving. Directtv sucks! If a channel isnt in hd it looks like crap. At times there controls dont work and the dvr sometimes just goes black or doesnt do anything. We had dish before and are more than likely going back.

They will reach an agreement. They put that on there so that customers will call the company (Fox in this case) and complain about them charging to much money. I work for a cable company and this happens all the time. Direct is not gonna lose those channels, cause they would lose a ton of customers. They'll make a deal at the 11th hour. Either the network will come down in price (probably not) or the company will be forced to pay up. In the end it's us the customers who end up paying anyway!!

When I signed up I ask specifically for those channels, and was told no problem, If they "drop" those channels it will be a breach of our contract and would easily release me from any agreements as well as recourse for their breach.

Just drop satellite and get an aerial set up for some free tv:banana:

I like free but don't have a clue what you are talking about, please explain

Thanks

MAX!!!

When I signed up I ask specifically for those channels, and was told no problem, If they "drop" those channels it will be a breach of our contract and would easily release me from any agreements as well as recourse for their breach.

Sorry man, unless you read your contract and it specifically said those would be in its not a breach of contract.

Sorry man, unless you read your contract and it specifically said those would be in its not a breach of contract.

Yes my contract shows my package, and the on the lower two lines for additional features, it specifically has speed and fuel TV added and I pay an additional $5 each per month for them as they were not part of the original package of channels.

I like free but don't have a clue what you are talking about, please explain

Thanks

MAX!!!

An antenna for over the air broadcasts. You get local channels then. this is what I grew up with. Watching Tv is such a mindless activity. All I had through highschool was 5 local channels and dial up internet due to living where there was no cable service.

We've had Directv for well over 10 years now and have been pleased with them. "If" they drop Speed and Fuel that will be reason enough for me to move to Dish Network... Dish Network does provide those channels don't they?