Sign in to follow this  

MX Underwear?

So most companies have riding shorts, and i can see it being nice having everything . . . um . . . not bunched up. But can riding shorts really help? How can compies like Ethika and Freegun even survive honestly? I wouldn't pay $20 for one stiking pair of underwear! I can a 10 pack of Hanes for that much and I still ride fine!

Then again, I don't race and I haven't tried em. Any opinions?

I was a mountain biker before dirt biker and I have always worn riding shorts, keeps your junk in place and helps stop chafing and monkey butt.

Hmmm. . . . I've never had any problems with chafing or monkey butt but I'm usually not riding for more than an hour or two before I take a break and stretch my legs. But i have no butt, so there's less of that problem.

Cycling shorts with a good chamois make a big difference, even if you are only riding for an hour at a time. Go to Performance Bike Shop or Bike Nashbar websites and search bike shorts. Seriously, it's worth the money.

Bike shorts for mx are nice because they have extra pading and such. I usually wear them on trails and just wear cotton boxer briefs on the track. Riding trails for 3 hours can give you serious monkey butt.

http://www.skeletools.com/motocross_padded_shorts_crash_pad_impact_short_p/sk002-m.htm

These are the single most best thing I have ever purchased for riding a dirtbike. For long trail rides I used to have severe tail bone pain and a severe case of money butt. Sometimes we go away for a week and ride all day for days straight. Even standing most of the time I still was in miserable pain and discomfort......best money I've ever spent (and it was a lot for shorts)

oh and good protection for some crashes too.

I wear football underarmor brief's with the padding, they work awesome. But then again, I also wear underarmor full legs and top whilst I ride as well. It keeps your gear from getting overly stinky and also keeps the sweat off your body, which helps keep you cooler.

I had a pair of biking shorts when i did my cycling merit badge for scouts. (Can't swim and I'm definitly not a hiker) I never really noticed a difference on the really long rides though. It was brutal doing a 50 mile for me. I even had a gel seat AND the biking shorts.

But I've never had a problem going for a while on a dirt bike. I tried my old shorts on the other day. It was a bit tough getting them off. hahaha So I'm definitly going to have look into getting some new shorts. Who knows. I could be missing out on something.

just normal undies and full leg skins for mx. but for long trail rides, commando actually works well. not sure but it chafes in my fox 180 pants but not my scott san diego pants. give it a try

Oneal makes a nice set. They protect your junk from hitting the tank when you make a mistake and they have have nice pads on the legs if you ever lay it down and slide. I won't ride with out them.

Just go buy yourself a cheap pair of compression shorts from somewhere with sporting goods. They work perfectly for what your describing!

I got some of the Starter brand ones from Walmart. Work great for me. I used to ride in boxer briefs but these compression shorts breathe better and don't get so stinky.

Couldn't ride without my TLD riding shorts or any riding shorts for that matter. I guess it's all whatever you're comfortable with but you should at least try a pair and see what you think.

Well. It a little late now (welcome to Idaho) But I'm going to see if "Santa" will get me some for Christmas this year and see how they work next season.

I've been wondering about these shorts, too, but I am absolutely not ready to pay $120 for underwear. Not even the discounted price will change my mind. But maybe $40 to prevent monkey butt and save me from a deep muscle bruise or a busted tailbone seems reasonable. Moose, EVS, and most of the other off-road brands have something in that price range. Is there anyone with experience, good or bad, with a reasonably priced product?

I've been wondering about these shorts, too, but I am absolutely not ready to pay $120 for underwear. Not even the discounted price will change my mind. But maybe $40 to prevent monkey butt and save me from a deep muscle bruise or a busted tailbone seems reasonable. Moose, EVS, and most of the other off-road brands have something in that price range. Is there anyone with experience, good or bad, with a reasonably priced product?

Im not a fan of padded compression shorts, but what about getting a pair of the padded compression shorts for basketball? tail bone pad, hip pads, and very small thigh pads. I think they would be perfect as you cant really feel the pads and would be able to really tell where you are on the seat. I use these for basketball and football and they work really well!

http://www.bing.com/shopping/techfit-padded-compression-short-mens-red/p/33AE667B0FCCCEA25002?q=basketball+compression+shorts&lpq=basketball%20compression%20shorts&FORM=HURE

I think this is along the lines of what you are looking for. You can find them cheaper than that as well! Just have to locate a more Off brand poduct.

For those people that dont want padded shorts but want something to keep your "junk" out from under you leg, and keep you from getting "monkey butt". They also keep you really cool down there!:busted:

http://www.bing.com/shopping/heatgear-compression-short-mens-royal/p/6A57F6F4851CE3465002?q=basketball+compression+shorts&lpf=0&lpq=basketball%2bcompression%2bshorts&FORM=CMSMEE

These are the ones I use (since I use these for basketball too, dual purpose for me) and they work perfect, and they are reasonably priced! You can find cheaper ones at wal-mart too! They work just as good! They also help with cramps quite a bit.:busted:

I have always just worn boxers. Just to try a change, I just bought some boxer-briefs and I am looking forward to riding in them to see if there is any improvements.