Sign in to follow this  

KYB or Showa Gen 3 CR500 AF c for Sand

I have both KYB from cr125 and Showa from cr250 shocks, and need to chose which one use in my build. What differences should I consider. I plan on riding sand dunes.

Are you sure abuot that,i thought the 2 stroke honda suspension components were made by showa.i think the 06 and later kyb tc forks re a better starting platform than the showa stuff.but both can be made to work well,depending on how much you want to spend,and if you are capable of performing the work yourself.what do you have for a shock?

Are you sure abuot that,i thought the 2 stroke honda suspension components were made by showa.i think the 06 and later kyb tc forks re a better starting platform than the showa stuff.

CR125 were equipped with open chamber KYBs.

I would prefer the twin chamber showas...

I am speaking of the shock (rear) only. I have WP forks up front. I have both KYB (2004 CR125) and Showa (2004 CR 250). Both are in very nice condition. Either one I chose I will only be "springing" for my weight (not re valving).

Does anyone have a recommendation on which of these shocks would be a better choice either from a "future build up" platform, or which may have better stock valving for what I am doing?

Any input appreciated.

The Bike:

P4280177-1.jpg

The Build:

http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=10808

I am speaking of the shock (rear) only. I have WP forks up front. I have both KYB (2004 CR125) and Showa (2004 CR 250). Both are in very nice condition. Either one I chose I will only be "springing" for my weight (not re valving).

250 shocks are usually stiffer than 125 shocks. so I would go with the showa