Sign in to follow this  

95 LC4 oil filter

Where can I buy both the oil filters for my 95 400? Should be the same filters as the big lc4 that year. But on all the parts sites they never have this old of bikes listed. Does it use the same filters as any newer bikes?

I can find ktm part numbers easy but I'd like to look into aftermarket filters to save some coin. K&n etc. Thanks.

There are 2 filters I believe. 1 is the tolet roll filter under the carb with the round finned cover. And other is is on the engine case with oil lines coming out. Some lc4s had a screw on but I don't think yours does. The part numbers you have from Sudco are wrong. Those are for the RFS motor.

bike bandit has the fish on line for the 95.

The 96 used the same filters also.

Remember to bleed the oil line that goes to the front of the engine after you change the oil.

OIL FILTER LONG ( rear oil filter the one in the case ) PN#951974 $10.11 this can be found aftermarket.

MICRO FILTER ELEMENT ( toilet roll filter under the carb ) PN#952006 $26.43 I have never found this one aftermarket.

Some one did or does make a stainless steel filter for the micro filter.

I was told that there was a k&n replacement for the toilet roll filter. But that could have been wrong.

I was guessing that it was those two based on shape (through my computer screen) and that maybe ktm kept using the same filters on the newer 99-02 bikes.