Sign in to follow this  

eric gorr stock porting?

has anyone had their stock yz 250 ported from eric gorr, im really curious on how much more power it makes.... i looked around tt but couldnt find any difinitive answers and am looking to improve my 250 without going with a bigbore. thanks

I haven't had my cylinder ported by EG but the general nature of porting shifts the power into a desired rpm range rather than increasing it.

has anyone had their stock yz 250 ported from eric gorr, im really curious on how much more power it makes.... i looked around tt but couldnt find any difinitive answers and am looking to improve my 250 without going with a bigbore. thanks

I'm planning on sending my cylinder and head to Eric Gorr this winter to have him port it and do his head mods.

Hopefully someone chimes in with some experience.

I rode my buddy's KX250 with the "mo' better everywhere" porting by Eric, and was astonished at the difference it made. The bike pulls harder everywhere, but especially down low and up top. I swear Eric increased the usable rpm range by at least 1500 rpm. And it's even smoother and more tractable than it was stock.

I'm considering sending my cylinder and head for the same treatment plus a 265 kit.

I'm planning on sending my cylinder and head to Eric Gorr this winter to have him port it and do his head mods.

Hopefully someone chimes in with some experience.

Ive had cylinders ported and heads modded by EG on 125's and 250's. He will make the bike exactly how you want it, he can port for top end which is my personal preference for mx racing, or bottom end, and he also offers one for a broad power curve.

He knows these engines inside and out, and every little trick of the trade there is to know about specific years. He can answer just about any question you have about what you want done and is extremely helpful in making suggestions as to chosing the right options to get exactly what you are looking for out of your motor. His work is top notch and he does exactly what he says he will do. Well worth the money if you ask me.

My 08 has the most current work done to it, port and polish mid/top, head mod/ squish corrected for 50/50 pump/race fuel, and had him replate while it was there. Looks and performs better than it did from the factory thats for sure. Cant say enough about his work!

I rode my buddy's KX250 with the "mo' better everywhere" porting by Eric, and was astonished at the difference it made. The bike pulls harder everywhere, but especially down low and up top. I swear Eric increased the usable rpm range by at least 1500 rpm. And it's even smoother and more tractable than it was stock.

I'm considering sending my cylinder and head for the same treatment plus a 265 kit.

This is the overall port for broad power I was referring to.

thanks for the great imput guys, now another quick question, i like how my stock 250 hits and how it opens up, i would just like it to hit a little harder when it does open, now for this should i go with mid to top, or mo-better allround, ive read alot of posts of guys trying to make their 250/300 feel more like a modern four stroke, i don't think i would want that, i love how my bike hits, just want more "hit" when it does :ri:thumbsup:de:

thanks for the great imput guys, now another quick question, i like how my stock 250 hits and how it opens up, i would just like it to hit a little harder when it does open, now for this should i go with mid to top, or mo-better allround, ive read alot of posts of guys trying to make their 250/300 feel more like a modern four stroke, i don't think i would want that, i love how my bike hits, just want more "hit" when it does :ri:thumbsup:de:

Thats the reason I went with the mid/top port option rather than the "mo betta" option. I ride on the pipe when Im on the track so it seemed like the right choice. I will say that Im extremely with it, its perfect. It def makes a noticable difference when you get on the pipe. Best part is, over rev till you turn blue in the face.

Id like to ride a bike with the mo-betta option though just to get a good comparrison!