Sign in to follow this  

2006 cr250 freshen up/biuld

Hey guys i got the bike tore down and the engine is sitting on the bench. Need some ideas and opinions on what to do with it.

Mods are as follows:

Rb machined head

Wiseco pro lite top end

Boyesen rad valve

Keihn pwk airstriker

Steahly 12 oz FWW

pro circiut platinum 2 header

FMF shorty silencer

13/52 gearing

Get a new head, and leave it alone. Milling it ruins it.

Throw that FWW in the trash can.

Ditch the Wiseco piston and get a nice OEM piston like a Pro-X or something.

Put a 50 tooth alloy sprocket on the rear.

Carb and Rad valve are good. Keep those.

( It's called a "PIPE", not a "header". This is not your daddy's V-8 musclecar motor! )

:thumbsup:

You asked.

This is a woods bike yes? If your jetting is good, I'd stick with what you already have. That's a very good set up. If you plan to mx it, I'd drop to a 50 . That's it. Oh and c12 is a crs best friend.

Thanks for the response but ill keep the head,the fww and the wiseco.

You ask for peoples opinions so you can just do whatever you intended in the first place?

Yoo trollin` mah forums, boi ???

:worthy::ride::worthy: :worthy: :worthy::thumbsup:

You ask for peoples opinions so you can just do whatever you intended in the first place?

Yoo trollin` mah forums, boi ???

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy::ride:

Maybe he meant in addition to what hes already done. Try not to take it personally.:thumbsup:

I was thinking about sending it to eric gorr and getting his 265 top end package. Any info on this would be great reliability,quality of work etc.

I've only read good things about eric gorr. I'm really thinking about a 265 job from him for my next top end. I have not read of any reliability issues stemming from the 265 work.

I think sending your head to get machined and squish set is a good idea.

Ive heard a few ppl say his work wasnt that great but ive heard alot more who like it so imma go with the majority on this one. 265 with a broader power band is in store for this guy :thumbsup:. Has anyone packed the cases yet and if so is it worth it.

ive heard good things about the boysen power valve covers. and b4 i burnt it up i had an adjustable cdi that was awesome. it did an ignition advance or something that made it fly thru the sand

I called them a while back and got some exhaust spacers of him and we talked about the air box seal but i never got around to it yet. I also heard a few guys talking about a thinner base gasket to bump up compression i would imagine