Sign in to follow this  

Confused Lady

I am a female , looking too buy a new bike for my boyfriend . i'm not really a rider so i'm not sure what bike would be good . he's been riding pretty much all his life & he's good . he's has a dirtbike now but i'm unsure of the model & stuff . Could anyone help my situation ?

It would be easier if you took a picture and posted it. What kind of riding does he do, does he go to the trails or the track? Are you looking at buying brand new?

Do you have any siters? I'm needing a new bike myself!

Joking aside, I wouldn't buy a bike for your boyfriend without asking him what he wants/needs first. Your going to get a million differnent answers on this fourm regarding the best bike.

2011-10-23_114610.jpg

2011-10-23_114625.jpg

there's 2 pictures , not the best but ...

& he just rides trails & stuff . i'm lookin to buy new .

How are you supposed to get beer out of the cooler with a bike sitting on top of it?

How big is your fella? Um, I mean height and weight. How long has he been riding? Are there any dealers close to you? This is a very complicated process.

he's about 5'8 , around 160 . he's been riding pretty much all his life . Yeah there's plenty of dealers here .

Yammy WR250 or CRF250X would be good choices as well no mixing fuel and easy to ride, looks like he needs something low maintenance.:thumbsup:

A KDX 200 or KTM EXC200 would be good bikes for him.

Well devii36 I am going to have to agree with TexasTrash on this one. I think what you are wanting to do is an awesome thing but I also don't believe that you can get it exactly right. No matter what you buy him he is going to love it and you for doing it. But....................for the money you are going to spend you want to get it correct the first time and you can not do it. As a matter of fact he will have troubles doing it. There are so many options and things to consider it is not even funny.

Say your boyfriend was to go down and buy you a new car. Ya you would be happy and it will work for you but will he get the right color, brand, options, size..........if you had only had a chance to put in a few thoughts you could have got the one you wanted. Who knows maybe even for less.

I guess the big question should be how do you surprise him with a new bike but yet let him pick it out. I think suggestions on how to do that might be better.

Again, I think what you are doing is so cool. I am jealous!!!!!!!

If he's happy with the bike he has now and is not a hard core trail rider,he might be real happy with a Honda CRF230 and so will your bank account.