Sign in to follow this  

ttr 230 and crf 230 carbs

any one ever put a crf 230 carb on a ttr 230? will it fit? i hate the carb on this ttr and im about to put it on the floor and smash it with a hammer!!!! :thumbsup: no matter how much i work on it. it just won't work right for me

The stock carb on the TTR 230 works pretty well.

It sounds like you have a specific problem on your bike, like a plugged passage, and finding it and fixing it would be a lot easier than refitting a carb that wasn't designed to go on there.

The stock carb on the TTR 230 works pretty well.

It sounds like you have a specific problem on your bike, like a plugged passage, and finding it and fixing it would be a lot easier than refitting a carb that wasn't designed to go on there.

the carb never was dirty in side but i have cleaned it 4 times. carb cleaner and hir threw all the passages juets been changed several times.

i don;t know what else to do with it. when your rideing it it still acts like its leaned out for no reason it spits back threw the carb. i know its not lean. and when i hit woops the thing misses for just a second everytime you hit one or ever sometimes if you hit a big pot hole on the road. its not wireing i have screwed will all the wireing 50 times and i cant make it cut out at all :busted::banghead::busted::banghead::bonk::banghead::lol:

Has the float level been messed with? That symptom you described sounds like a low level. Leaving the float height alone almost always assures that it is close enough. Is the bendable tab flat and flush with the rest of the float body?

Did you buy it new? Has it always run like this? We should start by verifiying what jets are in there now. I wonder if they have been changed.

i kinda checked it but i really dont know the proper way to check the level.

i bought it from a girl who forund out it wasent her thing. it has a #38 pilot and a 140 main. when i first go it i put a 135 main in it but it didn't seem to be enought it has ran like this since i bought it

had the stock jetting. it would be 90 out and you couldnt ride witout the coke on. i jest need to get rid of the cutting out when hitting bumps

you can probably find a downloadable manual or your local shop probably has a clymer manual, <its infinite knowledge= worth the money! i don't remember how to check them, i'm sure there are previous threads/ you tube videos of how to for probably the same bike!

...i have an 07 230, and it pulls like a machine. i use it to work and back, 10km's a day 5 days a week. the wife rides it weekends in the bush. really cant believe you having such issues. what makes you think its running lean? coz going from a 140 - 135 will lean it out. have you modified the airbox? that mod should only be done if you put the bigger main jet in. hows the airfilter? dont you perhaps have a manifold leak?

i turned the polit jet out 1 more turn and fixd the coffing back. its just the woops. we got lots of woops hear in gladwin on the road its fine its when you ride woops that are 2 feet deep and hit them a little hard. it cutts out everytime it hits one

i don't know if the crf230 carb fits but if it does i would try switching. the crf230 carb is really great never had a problem and it has better aftermarket support from dynojet and other jetting companies. my friend has a ttr 230 and he can hardley keep in running with the stock carb. i have never had a problem with the crf one