Sign in to follow this  

Front brake problems - No pressure yz250 01

New to this yz250 01, got it with the front brake not working, almost no pressure and no movement on the pads. I have tried to bleed them a few time with no help in pressure or movement. I even raised the caliper above the master, no go just a little fluid coming out of the bleeder. No visible leaks in the system. I get a spout of fluid when pumped through the reservoir and no bubbles. The caliper pistons are not seized, I can push them back with a c-clamp no problem. Do I need to rebuild both caliper and master?

sounds like a rubber seal broke in the mastercylinder I had that once on a trip and something hit the brake lever hard for almost no time, no crash but no more front brake.

Easy to repair really although I used it as an excuse to get a honda brake set. :thumbsup:

Im guessing its a MC problem as well... Arnego hit it on the head, sounds like the seal is gone. If you have to rebuild the MC you might as well replace it with the honda MC. You can find them on ebay for the same price as a rebuild kit, and its a MAJOR improvement over tha Yamaha stuff!

Yea I think its the master cylinder. The brake lever was also damaged and half broken off. Took apart the caliper and popped out the pistons with compressed air, cleaned it all up. Seals looked good, and it took a good amount of compressed air to pop them out. What year honda master bolts up, and what other mods are required to bolt it up?

No mods required... except routing the line if you chose to use to run the Honda line. Any of the newer models 2000+ 125-450 mc will bolt directly up, and are well worth the investment. Just keep in mind when you need to replace levers you'll have to run a cr or crf lever.

The honda pads are leaps and bounds better as well, if you need to replace them get honda pads as well. Ill never buy another set of Yamaha pads after running the Honda stuff on my Yz's

The one I got as for

01-03 cr125-250 and 02-03 crf450 I just changes the part wich conectred the fork with the brake part. Not Idea your what is the name of the part I changes in English, sorry.

Perfect... even comes with the caliper. Remove the Yz caliper from the hanger and install the honda caliper and youll have the best braing set up we can get for our Yz's without dumping boatloads of money into an oversize kit.

I would however be slightly sceptical as to why it is so cheap. It could need rebuilt.

Yea I picked it up.... Will take a chance as they seem to deal with lots of parts... They got some other interesting parts as well...

Sounds good... if you need any help let us know. Well worth it even for twice that price even if it does need rebuilt. Most of the yz guys that want top performance out of thier bikes that I know and on here run the Honda set up and will swear by it. Really good mod to our Yz's