Sign in to follow this  

fmf 4.1 with RCT or with out

Which exhaust has more power, the fmf factory 4.1 with RCT and megabomb. or that system without the RCT. or the Akrapovic evolution with the chamber on it for motocross.

Tough to provide a specific answer to such a general question without some background information. What is the bike and what type of riding do you do?

its a 2009 kx450f. i ride motocross style tracks. does the RCT on the fmf 4.1 take away power because it makes it quiter or is it the same as the fmf 4.1 without RCT power wise?

On a modern bike, no pipe provides more power, they merely alter the power curve, usually taking from the bottom end to boost the top/max output.

Are you such a fast A class rider that on a 450 you need more? What sort of racing do you do on 'motocross style' tracks?Have you alreay done cams?

450 b class. im looking for more bottom end power and more over rev. no i have not done cams. i recently crashed and broke my exhaust so i have to buy a new on.

the FMF with the custom small inserts made more bottom end as well as an increase in top end @ least on the kawaski 450 the procircut exhaust made .5 hp more peak but was off by as much as 4 hp coming up through i have not tested any other pipes .i no one case where the stock pipe out performed the new fmf and that was on the new yamaha 450 the first generation pipe on the yamaha kicked but but was also louder.

in the oct MXA ,,they tested a pro circiut ti 5 pipe on the kx450 2012..they said it made 3 more horsepower at 5500 than stock.but same at peak hp as stock pipe.