Sign in to follow this  

found some minor problems

I noticed my 09' DR650 has developed a leak, (more of a weep) at the cam chain tensioner. Not a huge problem but was woundering if the tensioner just unbolts then replace gasket and re-install or is there a special tool for holding the tensioner shaft in its collapsed position to re-install it.

Second problem, I noticed my rear lower chain guide is gone missing. Just a few broken pieces of plastic remain. Whent to my local Harley(also suzuki dealer) and tried to get one. I found out if it doesnt have chrome on it, they dont like to talk much. Almost $80.00 for everything I need. Does anyone know of cheaper ones or ones that are more then just plstic. Seems to be a limited selection of lower chain guards in the aftermarket world for our machines.

Thanks

Thanks guy's. I checked them both out and I am a cheap skate, so I will go with Procycle. It looks good, almost 1/2 price, Plus I have got stuff from them before and they seem like great guys to work with.

All you need is a small screwdriver (I think flat head) to retract and lock the tensioner in the retracted position.

I found its a good idea to lock and unlock the tensioner a couple times before you put it in. That way you know you're actually unlocking it after the tensioner is reinstalled.

Check out my write-up!

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=704542

All you need is a small screwdriver (I think flat head) to retract and lock the tensioner in the retracted position.

I found its a good idea to lock and unlock the tensioner a couple times before you put it in. That way you know you're actually unlocking it after the tensioner is reinstalled.

Check out my write-up!

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=704542

Thanks, I actualy found your write-up yesterday. Nice job. Sounds pretty easy to do. I just always get the "first time jitters" when working on my stuff. If it were not for the smart ones here on TT, some of my projects may have not gone so well.

Thank again.