Sign in to follow this  

Another 05 Kx250f problem

My bike has ran amazing ever since iv had it. I took my carb out last week and took the valve thing out that the needle jet goes through and put it back together. Then today i went and rode and it ran awful. it would not run unless the idle screw was turned all the way in and i kept on the gas. it back fired constantly and when i tried to let it idle it would die. it would run like usual when i was ridding. i dont get what the deal is and iv tampered with it for the past few hours and i dont know what too do. its obviously running lean but i dont see what i can do to fix it.

Slide plate as mentioned, hole "downwards".

TPS connector?

sounds like its running really lean down low...whats your pilot screw set at..did you take that out and install it all the way in?

I just adjusted the air/fuel mixture screw, i turned it out 3/4 of a turn. It runs just like it did now. but kinda weird how it all of a sudden did that.. :thumbsup:

its should be adjusted around 2.5 turns..depending on how its jetted.. I would go to 2.5 and see how it runs...and then adjust the idle