Sign in to follow this  

2003 WR250F New radiator questions

Hey everyone,

Just returned from a awesome trail ride today, probably the hardest yet for me. :ride: It didn't go perfectly though, I laid my bike down and smashed the right side radiator. :thumbsup: Luckily it didn't leak so I was able to ride out.

My question is, any tips on getting a new one? Any I should avoid? I need to keep it on the cheap end as much as possible because I plan on selling the bike soon so I don't need anything special, just something that will work.

I'm looking on ebay, and there are a few in the $50 range, and say they fit the following years:

Yamaha YZ250F 250cc motocross bike 2001-2005

Yamaha WR250F 250cc enduro bike 2001-2006

I thought YZ and WR's had different radiators. I'd really like to get the stock radiators but I'm sure they are 300% more in price - but I have not checked yet.

Also, how about repairing it -do they usually turn out OK? The two inner rows of fins are smashed together, it doesn't look terrible, but not sure it is fixable.

Thanks for any help.

Yeah, the best price I can find for a new OEM is $319! They sure are proud of them things!

Be careful about the really cheap ones, they are made in china and some people have reported fitment issues. You might be able to find a used one in not too bad condition for a good price though.

EDIT: See this post:http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1020797

Look into Mylers radiator repair if you want to fix it. On eBay you can get a set of aluminum ones for under $120. Most are made in china but they are of pretty high quality and very strong. I have a set and so does a lot of other guys on this forum and they work great just do a search. May have to adjust something but they work great. There are a few made in the U.S. At that price on eBay just have to look hard for them. A lot better than paying $250 for one Fluidyne radiator.