Sign in to follow this  

Need Help!!

Hey guys im new to the forum and semi new to the pitbike scene. Had 1 before but nothing serious. I have different plans for this one. Its a klx 110 and i am a big ole boy. 6'2'' and about 240 lbs. The bike is stock now so wandering what order of upgrades i need to approach it. The bike will be built AIHF (as i have funds) i am a newlywed and still mastering sneaking things past wife haha. But im thinking stouter suspension, then ahndlebars, then exhaust and from there go further into performance. Any suggestions on getting the best and safest ride for someone as big as me? Not going to be raced but dont want cheapo parts either looking for mid grade not race ready. Any help is much appreciated thanks so much!!!!

heres a list and will keep it on the cheap.

1. cradle mount

2. larger pegs

3. kx60 forks and update with hd oil and spring or just run hd oil and spring in your stock forks. The kx60 give a couple more inches of travel.

4. run a works or other equivalent shock on the back.

motor:

1. cam

2. exhaust

3. change up the gearing

is an aftermarket swing arm the only way to raise the rear of the bike? Anyone aware of any kx60 forks for sale? hopefully going to try to tackle stripping the bike for powdercoat soon.... that should be interesting.

a shock will a little depending on how it needs to be setup. Check ebay or craigslist or planetminis

is an aftermarket swing arm the only way to raise the rear of the bike? Anyone aware of any kx60 forks for sale? hopefully going to try to tackle stripping the bike for powdercoat soon.... that should be interesting.

Snatch em' quick... Uses the stock KLX wheel & triple clamps:

KX60 forks in ok condition. These were some I aquired some I haven't tested them. Looks like one of the shrader valves was replaced. Comes with extended brake cable $50 shipped