Sign in to follow this  

Picked up my 2011 TE 449 Man this thing is tall !!

Well I was all set to buy a used 09 TE 450 within the next week, but before I bought it I wanted to go see the new TE 449 in person. So yesterday I went by my local dealer to see the new bike in person and I have to say it was love at first site. I mean this thing just looked sweet to me !! Ok so I start to talk to the salesman and I tell him I am thinking of buying a used 09 TE 450 as I have missed my 08 TE 450 since I sold a few years back. Of course he starts to tell me how much better the new 449 is compared to the 08 (I loved my 08 450 BTW). Anyway to make a long story short I made the dealer an offer and I ended up taking the bike home for $7,500 OTD. I don't know if it was a great deal but I think I got a good deal considering how much the MSRP was on it.

I asked them to lower the bike as much as they could at the dealership (I have a 30" inseam) but when I sat on it today I can only touch the ground with the tips of my toes !!

My previous 08 TE 450 had been lowered a bit and I could touch the ground on that bike, but this 449 seems to be taller than my 450 was. I did not have much time to sit on the bike before I bought it as it was buried in the middle of other bikes and they had taken it into the shop to lower it for me.

As I was paying for the bike the salesman and my friend put the bike in the truck so I did not get a chance to sit on it before I took it home but I did not think it was a big deal as I figured it would be about the same as my 450 ..... Wrong !! Anyway I am hoping that I can get it lowered at least another inch. I will call the dealership tomorrow to see what they did to lower it as they are closed today.

Any ideas on how to lower it further would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

The CTS system on the rear seems to let the bike stand up higher. It will sack out some and be a little better with time. My 511 is tall but not crazy tall. My buddies new TE310 is just as tall. Huskys are tall. You might look into the progressive shock spring that comes on the 2012 models as it is supposed to add sag to the rear which would help you.

yes,it is TALL!it is long as well,climbs hills really well!it will sit lower once you get some miles on her and it settles a bit.you can also lower it a little by taking some preload off the rear shock spring.the back tire is kind of bulbous also.if you change it out get one that is lower profile,they do exist.dan

As with any bike, both the fork and the shock can be modified to limit their stroke, extension. It is always a compromise, but a good tuner can generally lower it 2 inches without compromising performance (for trailriding, anyway).

LT-Racing has a ton of experience lowering Huskies and can do it right.