Sign in to follow this  

Just bought 02 cr250: what are newest plastics I can get?

I've seen people adding newer 09 10 fenders (not sure what year) and newer front plates. Anyone got a line on that? Any pics of your bike and possibly where to get the newer plastic?

Direct bolt up?

Any mods needed for the front plate?

I know Cycra makes a 2010 yz250f front fender style that is a direct bolt up to the older yz250's, just wondering about my cr250. Thanks!!

02-07 all bolt up i believe except for the number plate on the (i believe) 05+ models which requires the triple clamps to mount it properly...

I've seen people adding newer 09 10 fenders (not sure what year) and newer front plates. Anyone got a line on that? Any pics of your bike and possibly where to get the newer plastic?

Direct bolt up?

Any mods needed for the front plate?

I know Cycra makes a 2010 yz250f front fender style that is a direct bolt up to the older yz250's, just wondering about my cr250. Thanks!!

Man you are just everywhere, 4t yz section to 2-stroke YZ and now Honda 2t :thumbsup:

I went from an 06 YZ250 to an 03 CR250 but sold it before I got around to putting on newer plastics. I imagine they are similar but the bolt mount will be in a different place forcing you make an adapter. I swear I saw a thread about it about 6 months or so ago.

Your first task should be getting a PWK carb on there to replace to POS Mikuni. I made a thread about my buildup this time last year that has a lot of good info from a lot of people in this forum. Check it out.

Man you are just everywhere, 4t yz section to 2-stroke YZ and now Honda 2t :ride:

Ha Ha!! No doubt!!! :worthy:

Just trying to settle into a bike. Found a good clean 02 for cheap and had to nab it. I like the ergos of the CR for sure, and yeh, have heard about the carb swap issue. I rode a few CR's that were junk. This one seems to really be running good. We have very predictable dry climate here, and I am giving the Mikuni a shot. If it acts up at all, yeh, I'll ditch it.

Well I have found out that the '09 crf stuff almost bolts right up. By "almost" I mean if anyone has some pix to show me EXACTLY how this bolts up, that would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:.

This pic is what I'd like to achieve....

So the front number plate is an 09, and the side panels are stock I assume (not sure what year bike this is). So how would you order number plate backgrounds?

Are the side panels on the older cr250's the same as the newer CRF's? If not (that's my guess) how would you order an 09 CRF front number plate background, but with the older cr250 side panels? How can you break it up?

cr250w09fender.jpg

• Like 1

Front fenders are a direct bolt up until the 09/10/11 style which can be modded by drilling some extra holes.

I bought the Acerbis 07 CR250 Front fender and the bottom slaps my FMF Gold Fatty? on my 03CR250R with RG3 Triple Clamps Any thoughts?

Ha Ha!! No doubt!!! :ride:

Just trying to settle into a bike. Found a good clean 02 for cheap and had to nab it. I like the ergos of the CR for sure, and yeh, have heard about the carb swap issue. I rode a few CR's that were junk. This one seems to really be running good. We have very predictable dry climate here, and I am giving the Mikuni a shot. If it acts up at all, yeh, I'll ditch it.

Well I have found out that the '09 crf stuff almost bolts right up. By "almost" I mean if anyone has some pix to show me EXACTLY how this bolts up, that would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:.

Yes I live in a dry climate too:smirk: Well, you'll find out soon enough haha.

The 09 stuff looks really good on the CR. Where about are you in AZ? I'm in teh Phoenix are, Mesa.

Yes I live in a dry climate too:smirk: Well, you'll find out soon enough haha.

The 09 stuff looks really good on the CR. Where about are you in AZ? I'm in teh Phoenix are, Mesa.

Gilbert. Mostly ride SpeedWorld though. ET sux.

My carb feels pretty good so far, but yeh, from the sounds of it I'll probably be ditching it. Seems the consensus says ditch it. We'll see.

I think putting on new plastics would be cool. Just don't know about how to get mix match backgrounds for it. Wish someone would pipe up that actually did it. The yz forum has a great sticky thread on this, with pix of the plate mod, how to, where to get it, etc. I guess I'll just have to figure this one out on my own.

decal works sells custom kits, you can mix and match numbers, colors, logos, etc

Appreciate the help!!

I ordered an 09 Cycra 450f fender and a 09 450f Cycra Factory Stadium number plate. Not sure who makes graphics for the "Factory" plate. DE CAL didn't show anything. Only for the regular "Stadium Plate".

The pic above is just a stock plate (still cool), here's what the Factory one I ordered looks like.....

inside-reeds-honda-001.jpg

Man you are just everywhere, 4t yz section to 2-stroke YZ and now Honda 2t :thumbsup:

I went from an 06 YZ250 to an 03 CR250 but sold it before I got around to putting on newer plastics. I imagine they are similar but the bolt mount will be in a different place forcing you make an adapter. I swear I saw a thread about it about 6 months or so ago.

Your first task should be getting a PWK carb on there to replace to POS Mikuni. I made a thread about my buildup this time last year that has a lot of good info from a lot of people in this forum. Check it out.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. I had my TMX running pretty well too, but tried the PWK based on the advise from this forum. Starts easier, runs cleaner, improved bottom to mid power, and tuning seems more stable. One of the best changes I've done to the bike, well worth the $120 I spent.

I had my TMX running pretty well too, but tried the PWK based on the advise from this forum. Starts easier, runs cleaner, improved bottom to mid power, and tuning seems more stable. One of the best changes I've done to the bike, well worth the $120 I spent.

On ebay these are $220 delivered. So you got yours for $120? Where?

On ebay these are $220 delivered. So you got yours for $120? Where?

It was a slightly used Sudco 38mm PWK off Ebay, seller turned out to be a forum member here.

just look for a 00 cr250 carb...

So the 2000 carb is a Kehin (or however you spell it)? That's the one you want eh? 2001 mybe too?