Sign in to follow this  

2010 plastic on 2008 bike???

I built a cr500af out of an 08 chassis and want to try and put a 10 rear fender and side number plates on it. Just wondering if anyone has done it yet?

i think that would be difficult because im pretty sure the 08 subframe is pretty different than the newer hondas

not sure about the rear end.. maybe with some drilling, but it will be very difficult for you to mod the airbox cover..

I've done the front plate and fender on my R9, havent tried to do the rear cause of the duals

I built a cr500af out of an 08 chassis and want to try and put a 10 rear fender and side number plates on it. Just wondering if anyone has done it yet?

Please post some pics of your 500AF here:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=898954

Thanks! :busted:

anything is possible if you have the time the tools and the money...I could put 2012 ktm plastics on my 07 crf250 if i wanted to and if i had all the parts....all these plastics can be re dirlled or brackets be made to make it fit...but i bet itll mostly bolt up besides a few bolts here and there. youll either have to switch rear sub frames or atleast the newer bikes airbox.