Sign in to follow this  

GNCC NEWS: Husqvarna signs Andrew Delong finishes and podums 1st ride!

Eastcoast and GNCC fast guy Andrew Delong just signed a deal with FAR Husqvarna as a replacement for Morgan Moss.

This is from the GNCC website:

"Andrew DeLong, who inked a deal with FAR Husqvarna on the morning of the Ironman, turned in perhaps the surprise ride of the day by giving his new employer a podium finish, taking a solid third in his first race on a 250F.

JG Off-road/GEICO Powersports Honda's Rory Mead edged Obermeyer Yamaha's Morgan Moss for fourth, while FAR Husqvarna's Jason Thomas managed to finish sixth with a broken hand."

Yesterdays Ironman GNCC XC2 Results:

1. Steward Baylor Jr. (KTM)

2. Jordan Ashburn (Yam)

3. Andrew DeLong (Hsq)

4. Rory Mead (Hon)

5. Morgan Moss (Yam)

6. Jason Thomas (Hsq)

7. Steve Squire (Yam)

8. Ryan Lojak (Yam)

9. Cody Cragg (Yam)

10. AJ Stewart (Yam)

GNCC XC2 Standings:

1. Steward Baylor Jr. (273/6 wins)

2. Jordan Ashburn (221/3 wins)

3. Jason Thomas (220/1 win)

4. Andrew DeLong (214)

5. Jesse Robinson (146/1 win)

6. Morgan Moss (129)

7. Scotty Watkins (125)

8. AJ Stewart (119)

9. Zackery Smith (111)

10. Steve Squire (105)

Thats cool. :thumbsup: Don't know much about that guy but hope him and team all the best. I have a TC250 and buddy just picked up a TE310 Saturday and we rode it yesterday. The x-light platform is amazing, I can see how guys win races on it.

He needs to hurry up and get all the KTM off his website. :ride:

http://www.andrewdelongracing.com/AndrewDelongRacing/Home.html

And he beat Morgan Moss, too.

But then, looking at the points, he's been doing it all year. So FAR Husky signed a better rider.

And he beat Morgan Moss, too.

But then, looking at the points, he's been doing it all year. So FAR Husky signed a better rider.

Nice, progress in Husky NA racing. :thumbsup:

Nice, progress in Husky NA racing. :thumbsup:

Actually it's a lot easier getting things done like placing on a podium.... when your don't have Husqvarna NA mucking things up.... that's what's nice about being on the other side of the country.

Hopefully the Europeans will get serious and get more involved by supporting FAR Husqvarna with the same bikes and race team technical support they supply CH Racing and the Canadians Husqvarna race team.

Hey... it's GNCC... and as you know that's the only race series in America that matters any more.

Just a thought.:ride:

:worthy: pretty sure husky NA is paying that bill. Yep, just checked their web site and heck if husky is not the top sponsor. http://www.farhusqvarna.com/ Seems thats who is paying Fred as well. Yep, Husky NA. Great job guys. Seems to be on the Husky FB page too. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Husqvarna-Motorcycles/139879219408569?sk=wall

nothing wrong with a :thumbsup: for a good job

there is MX and SX in the USA and those seem to be popular :ride:

Edited by Ride

Actually it's a lot easier getting things done like placing on a podium.... when your don't have Husqvarna NA mucking things up.... that's what's nice about being on the other side of the country.

Hopefully the Europeans will get serious and get more involved by supporting FAR Husqvarna with the same bikes and race team technical support they supply CH Racing and the Canadians Husqvarna race team.

Hey... it's GNCC... and as you know that's the only race series in America that matters any more.

Just a thought.:thumbsup:

GNCC is great racing and more in line with what the type of riding the "weekend warrior" does IMHO, as far as terrain goes. That being said though, I don't see what is so "GRAND" or "NATIONAL" or "CROSS COUNTRY" for that matter about a racing series that does not race anything West of Ohio.....:ride:

AND I for one hope and pray to see Husqvarna back in the mix there as well sometime sooner than later!

Me too but that's huge bucks and I don't see that happening to this relativity small company any time soon.

and "more" in line with what the type of riding the weekend warrior does IMHO.

WORCS is good weekend warrior stuff too.

Me too but that's huge bucks and I don't see that happening to this relativity small company any time soon.

I guess.... I don't fully understand the whole logistics of it but as a moto fan and a guy that likes the Husky brand, I don't see why not? The way I see it, if a guy like Chad Reed can start TwoTwo Motorsports on his own dime then I would think a company like Husqvarna with BMW $$$ could start a Motocross/Supercross team here in the states.... Like I said, just a lot of hoping and praying on my part.

It's a mutli million dollar effort at the lowest level, i just do not see it happening even though I would love to. They really don't have the bikes for it yet ether. Maybe the 2012 x-light and hopefully new rumored 450 x-light will change some of that.

GNCC is great racing and more in line with what the type of riding the "weekend warrior" does IMHO, as far as terrain goes. That being said though, I don't see what is so "GRAND" or "NATIONAL" or "CROSS COUNTRY" for that matter about a racing series that does not race anything West of Ohio.....:thumbsup:

have you been to one? I think they are as fun as a national MX

I sure dont want it to turn into an across the country event, there are zero national MX events in the southeast, and there's more riders here than anywhere short of california

have you been to one? I think they are as fun as a national MX

I sure dont want it to turn into an across the country event, there are zero national MX events in the southeast, and there's more riders here than anywhere short of california

Have not been to one in person. Like I said, they don't come West of Ohio apparently and I live in California. I would love to see one in person. I love the Nationals and Supercross too but I can relate more to the GNCC riding. I can't relate to doing a 90 ft tripple jump as much as I would like to. A 25 ft double sure......but thats about all my off road suspension settings and my old ass can take! :ride:

BTW.... I hear the South East is finally getting a Pro National....Supposedly?:thumbsup:

west coast has WORCS, east has GNCC

the national enduro's go up into the midwest dont they?

Just looked, the national enduro's do have a race in Chandlersville ohio

That's why BMW/Husqvarna Europe needs to take the lead and let Husqvarna focus on just sales and marketing.

I look at the WORCS series as kinda of a "hybrid" of off road and motocross because they hold so many of the events at motocross tracks. Cool to watch but not quite the same.... They have some freakin' awesome riders though. Would be cool to see them combine the WORCS and the GNCC. That would be some awesome talent out there racing each other!... Not sure about the National Enduros schedule.

I don't know if there is going to be a 2012 WORCS series. The series shrunk to a 3 state series for 2012 and no one likes the two race format any more.