I guess "pros" don't need $1,000???

Only two pros entered in the Tractor Racing Tecate Gran Prix this past Saturday. They earned their money, but where was everyone else? A shot at a $1,000 and a chance to ride the reincarnation of the the famed Tecate Gran Prix right through town. The Tractors club put on a great event, well organized, with a great race course - all right through the middle of town.

Like BBM said, there should have been double the amount of riders. Those who didn't go missed a great event. It's been more than 20 years since the last Tecate Gran Prix and it is a shame that more pros didn't go for the prize and a chance at the record books. For that matter, there should have been more riders in all the classes.

Last round of the Hare & Hound series was this weekend, among other diversions keeping the "pros" away. Perhaps a bad weekend for this race.

I'm very sorry I missed this race... still not in racing shape. Keep your head up Tractor Racing - I hope this happens next year!

It seems there are no "good weekends" for a non series race anymore. That said, I'm sure there were a few pros that didn't make those events and I think it is sad that a well run race with the historic perspective of a Tecate Gran Prix did not have more competitors.

I know the guys a Tractor put a ton of effort into there races and from what I hear do a great job with there events. This is not intended to be negative I could be completely wrong and you guys did all this stuff already. I think this race was one of those that you have to be in the "internet" loop to even know it was going on. Not a single guy in my group that I race and ride Baja with even knew the race was happening. They are not big internet guys. Do you think that getting a poster or flyers out to the main Moto shops in Southern California, Arizona and Nevada would have some impact. What about contacting Transworld and Racerx online, they just did a little press release for a GP around Gorman lake above the Valley. I really want to see these races continue, as soon as I am off the injured list I would love to race one. Keep up the good work!

Since there seems to be some issue with non points events, 1 off races, what would be a good time to host a 1 off race in early 2012?

I have the green light to host an off road race (Bikes Only), on a private 2,000 plus acre ranch, in an area of southeast San Diego County (east of Tecate)...

I'm thinking a hare scrambles type format, 8 to 12 mile loops....Set it up like LA or Tractor format races...

This is a working cattle ranch....The owner is pretty much calling me every week wanting to know when I am doing this event....If anyone has thoughts or ideas, please contact me ASAP!!!

Maybe Tractor (Bebo) or LA (Ray), groups could step in to help with planning and logistics. The ranch has its own 501© 3 status for hosting events....

So, looking for help in planning/logistics/making trail (All virgin property, no trails), and suggestions for a race date (February, March?)...

Mitch

It seems December has been popular for one-off races and this Dec there's at least the Ancianos Hare Scrambles 3rd, the JCR XMas "Carlsbad" GP 10th, and there's going to be an AltaVista (formerly Baja Promotions) Ensenada BEACH race 17th (should be awesome).

For you Mitch.... Jan-March in that area, roll of the dice with weather. Cold camping? A snow race would be incredible! Your race sounds like it could be great Mitch!

Since there seems to be some issue with non points events, 1 off races, what would be a good time to host a 1 off race in early 2012?

I have the green light to host an off road race (Bikes Only), on a private 2,000 plus acre ranch, in an area of southeast San Diego County (east of Tecate)...

I'm thinking a hare scrambles type format, 8 to 12 mile loops....Set it up like LA or Tractor format races...

This is a working cattle ranch....The owner is pretty much calling me every week wanting to know when I am doing this event....If anyone has thoughts or ideas, please contact me ASAP!!!

Maybe Tractor (Bebo) or LA (Ray), groups could step in to help with planning and logistics. The ranch has its own 501© 3 status for hosting events....

So, looking for help in planning/logistics/making trail (All virgin property, no trails), and suggestions for a race date (February, March?)...

Mitch

Sounds great, I'd be happy to assist if needed.

As for dates probably best to avoid AMRA schedule as for this some riders would come from AZ

1/7-8

1/28-29

2/24-26

3/17

4/15

and D38 dates:

1/22

2/4

2/12

3/4

3/25

4/15

Mitch

Mitch,

You have our support. Let me know how can we help.

I'm not in any shape to race (to be competitive)... but wanted to attend this event. Whether it be side-lined, or an entry. Sadly, it was on a date that I had scheduled a Cancer-fund raising ride. And of course, I wasn't going to miss that.

.... I hope for another in 2012!! I've seen some video of the lap, and it looked like a great course and a fun time. I'm still kicking myself for not making it!

Keep up the great work Tractor Racing!! I'm sure those Pros will show as your reputation for a great race, builds over time.