my 01 yz250

Well yesterday i got to take my bike to a mx track , first time in about 10 years. Was a blast for sure but bike needs work all over. So im gonna use this thread to slowly work on it over winter.

Susp is going to be my first major thing i need to do. It feels like these forks have the stiffest spring made. I am in the 150lbs range with my gear on , am wondering if I should go with a stock set of 06 forks or spend the same on springs and valve for these stockers? I didnt bottm them out all the way but didnt jump couple of the big jumps either. Was getting head shake through rough while on the gas, soft, rough down hill was the worst it didnt know what it wanted to do.

It for sure needs the cr brake mod, and i have my eye on that cheaper rekluse clutch. It has an sst pipe that might need to get changed and will need gearing that will be focused on later.

well I dont have the stock spring and the springs in it are way to stiff.. Ive tried clickers at hard and soft neither did much . Sofar i have only found new springs in the 100 buck range.. for not much more I could get a whole used set of 01 forks. I really only want to spend money once on the susp so I want what should work the best for me.