Sign in to follow this  

Marco Simoncelli (MOTOGP) killed in crash

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fdd_1319359606

very very sad day for motorsport have a shed a few tears

R.I.P MARCO

we have lost a great rider .......

any one else notice that his helmet came off ?

finding this very hard to believe if his helmet was done up correctly ..

or do you guys think it was the force of the impact ?

Watching the crash in slow motion it looked like Rossi's front wheel may have caught Simoncelli's helmet. If that is what happened, I can only imagine how violent that must have been to have a tire spinning at god only knows what speed grip a helmet. Probably massive head and neck injuries. Again, purely speculation on my part. God speed Simon.

The helmet thing is something I noticed too and would like an explanation.

I almost thought he was decapitated the first time I watched it on youtube but on second glance I think its just his helmet came off.

Speed tv stated that he died from substantial head, neck, and chest trauma. I cant even imagine the force that was used when he was hit. I suppose the speeds were close to 100mph in that turn. The impact alone may have been enough for the helmet straps to break loose.

yeah would really like to hear tehre investigation findings im thinking the impact was that hard its possible broke the scrape that holds your helmet under your chin

= the neck injury

ether way i do not believe he could have survived even if the helmet stayed on

i think it was just his time im sure he has crashed a 100's of times before just as bad

but his time was up

takes a sequence of events for this to happen it was just bad timeing for him i believe

he will be surelly missed

my full condullance's go out to his famaly .

its just been a really bad year for motorsport so many fatality's

such a huge wake up call that even the pro's make mistakes that take there lives .

ive lost 2 of my mates alone this year to dirt bike accidents

at one stage i my self was even going to sell my bike but i know deep down i would miss it to much and they would not want me to stop rideing