08 WR450 Dumping Gas

Just bought an 08 that has basically 40 miles on it since new. When you turn the gas out it just runs out of the carb. I took the carb a part and cleaned it and the bike started but it is still dumping gas. So I took it a part again to look it over. The float seems to be sitting level when the spring engages. The tip of the float jet seems fine. It is made out of rubber. There is not an o-ring that it seats in to. Should there be one? Will that whole assembly come out? Looking at a parts schematic you can't buy it seperate but it seems there is an o-ring? Reading on here it seems that older WRs had one? Still has stock jetting. I really don't want to keep taking the carb off. Thanks for the help.

Just bought an 08 that has basically 40 miles on it since new. When you turn the gas out it just runs out of the carb. I took the carb a part and cleaned it and the bike started but it is still dumping gas. So I took it a part again to look it over. The float seems to be sitting level when the spring engages. The tip of the float jet seems fine. It is made out of rubber. There is not an o-ring that it seats in to. Should there be one? Will that whole assembly come out? Looking at a parts schematic you can't buy it seperate but it seems there is an o-ring? Reading on here it seems that older WRs had one? Still has stock jetting. I really don't want to keep taking the carb off. Thanks for the help.

All you have to do is remove the corrosion on the needle device and the brass pocket it slides into.