Sign in to follow this  

Another Husky in the garage

On Saturday I pulled the pin on a new 2011 TE-310. This is the third new Husky I have bought from Bill's Husky in Salem Oregon. As always a great deal and excellent customer service. Put about seventy miles on it yesterday and it rips. Running the 50 tooth rear and power up kit with the cat removed from the exhaust. Mid range and top end power is really good and the motor runs well. There is a little stumble or surging off idle. I am going to get the JD fuel tuner which I hope will take care of that. My 07 WR-250 has about 6500 miles on it and needs a little love. I plan on getting it back in top shape, but after riding the TE, I don't know how much it is going to get ridden. I am going to mess around with the gearing and see if I can make it work a little better on the street. 13/50 is fine for off-road but kinda sucks on the pavement. My plan is to replace my Vstrom 650 and ATK 605 with the TE. obviously I wont be doing nearly as much street riding as I did with my Vstrom, but that was part of the plan. As for the ATK, the TE is almost as good on the street and a 100 times better off-road.