Tm 530

We have the 2011 TM 250 MX so it's not close to what you are looking at but....it's pure beast! The quality of the components is second to none IMO. The bike is very thin and you can get a very good grip on it with your legs. Bike handling, brakes, clutch, and balance are all very good. They are top quality pure breed race bikes; others claim it they are it! I wish I could tell you about the big 4-stroke but this was our first TM.

Edited by john01

thanks for the feedback...... i'm still a bit worried about the expense involved if it dropped a valve or something(being a two stroke fan). Being such a performance engine im not sure how it would go. I'm not convinced yet! lol

thanks for the feedback...... i'm still a bit worried about the expense involved if it dropped a valve or something(being a two stroke fan). Being such a performance engine im not sure how it would go. I'm not convinced yet! lol

There is that but TM builds a solid motor and your not going to be bouncing off the rev limiter on that ?

I rode a steel framed (09 maybe?) TM530 with Ohlins and flat LOVED it. Was a beast but a great one. Real nice bike IMHO.

Ride,

I've never ridden a TM, but always wanted to after being exposed to TM engines in Karting. Our local Beta dealer came close to carrying TM a few years back, and it did not work out.

Just curious, how does the TM530MX feel, handle, and steer in your opinion - is it similar to anything else you've ridden?

i.e. more like a honda 450F MX bike or KTM or Husky enduro, etc?... The frame on the TM MX version looks similar to the EN enduro version. Also wondering if they have very different frame geometry and suspension setups between the two MX and EN models. Would like to try one some day...Interested in your feedback. Thanks.

IMO our 2011 TM 250Mx handles and steers most like a Honda. Not as quick steering as a GG or Husky but way better than any KTM I've ridden. The balance is also much better than the KTM's. It was the stock TM engine that was too much for me so I traded my son it for my 2010 GG 300 back. Since then we had RB do his magic on the head (pump gas friendly) and complete carb workings. Now the TM is a low - high tq. monster. In stock trim it didn't want to be ridden below 1/2-3/4 throttle. Now it can be ridden anywhere. I think I want it back again LOL. I'm sure K can add to this or make another compairson for ya.

... I traded my son it for my 2010 GG 300..

Speaking of that...I was nearby and checked out the latest GG 300, Husabergs, KTMs today. All looking really nice, and if I had a choice and we could get a Green Sticker for it here in NorCal, I'd be all over that new GG 300. The ergos, bars, seat and layout is more like my Beta which I like. Just standing there sitting on and holding the three bikes, feeling the upper transition weight back and forth from side to side, the GG feels like a featherweight in comparison. :busted:

Ride,

Just curious, how does the TM530MX feel, handle, and steer in your opinion - is it similar to anything else you've ridden?

The 530mx I rode was amazing. TM's somehow just handle well. TM's somehow can take the inside line on flat slick, as well as railing berms, and can change direction in chop. The best I can describe them is a neutral to stable.

Ride,

I've never ridden a TM, but always wanted to after being exposed to TM engines in Karting. Our local Beta dealer came close to carrying TM a few years back, and it did not work out.

i.e. more like a honda 450F MX bike or KTM or Husky enduro, etc?... The frame on the TM MX version looks similar to the EN enduro version. Also wondering if they have very different frame geometry and suspension setups between the two MX and EN models. Would like to try one some day...Interested in your feedback. Thanks.

It was a semi short Demo ride. Did maybe 5 miles on it on a GP loop / sand MX track. Liked it right away. Was real EZ to ride in that it seems to handle neutral, did not do anything weird and was accommodating. Suspension was VERY good and the motor feels like a quicker reving 570 berg type gig. Big power but controllable. I'd say more like a Husky / KTM / Berg than a CRF. Real nice bike I felt fast on right away.

Was like this (not the new aluminum framed one)

tm%20530.jpg