Sign in to follow this  

California Riding at Georgetown this Friday 28th

I am planning to ride Georgetown this Friday 28th ~8:30 AM. I was hoping not to ride solo but cant pass up a chance to ride before the rain and snow.

Any takers?

Ryan

I'm figuring out if I can do friday or not right now. How many miles are you looking to do? What kind of rider are you?

I'm figuring out if I can do friday or not right now. How many miles are you looking to do? What kind of rider are you?

Your riding Friday??? me and the Donkey were talking about riding GT on Saturday.....If you do go Friday you should double down and do a back to back. We need a guide! Got a new trials tire on now and did about 70 miles at Stoney last Saturday....what a difference!

Your riding Friday??? me and the Donkey were talking about riding GT on Saturday.....If you do go Friday you should double down and do a back to back. We need a guide! Got a new trials tire on now and did about 70 miles at Stoney last Saturday....what a difference!

Glad you're liking it.

I can't ride on Saturday. We were planning on riding Sunday, but if I can skip out of work on Friday I'll do both.

Ok I'll be there. Friday @ 8:30, mace mill.

I'll be in a tan ford f250 with a honda 250x with a trials tire.

SacFelix and I were planning on riding GT around 9 am. If you wouldn't mind us joining you I will contact him and see if we could change to the 8:30 time.

It was dusty Sunday. only a few big mud holes left which have go-arounds.

Trials tires rule!

SacFelix and I were planning on riding GT around 9 am. If you wouldn't mind us joining you I will contact him and see if we could change to the 8:30 time.

The original poster hasn't written anything since he made the post, so I'm not 100% he has even read any of this. However, look for me and we can definitely ride together.

Hey TapeLeg, I'll see you at Mace Mill between 8:30 and 9:00. I ride a plated KTM 525 and drive a dark gray crew-cab Chevy.

BTW usually ride about 30-40 miles. I'll ride any GT trails except 4.1 - not too crazy about falling off cliffs :-)

I never seen a cliff I couldnt climb back up ( Even if it took me 2hrs)! LOL!

1.4 has a reroute around it now that people have worn in that's not a half bad trail. It makes it a little longer and adds a tight, fun little hill side ascent. The spot you're talking about on 1.4 isn't too bad if you just tighten your sphincter and climb the thing, but the edge while going up a rock face is more of a risk than is necessary for a day of trail riding. Either way, with the reroute you can still do one of the better trails out there without having to worry about it.

Agreed on the risk factor. Taking a spill on 1.4 is a call for the life flight helo.

I've got Friday off and GT is sounding pretty good. Was supposed to drive to

Oregon for a big Husky gathering but the person who was going with me had a change of

plans so rather than drive eight hours to go ride I've decided to drive a little over one hour

and head to Georgetown. Probably won't be there by eight but maybe we'll bump into each

other on the trail.

Was good riding with all you guys. I'll take some time and edit my videos from the helmet cam and get them up for you.

Thanks for leading the ride. Hope you had a good time riding GT again. Sorry about the bike issues and any delays caused. looking forward to seeing the video.

Thanks for leading the ride. Hope you had a good time riding GT again. Sorry about the bike issues and any delays caused. looking forward to seeing the video.

No need to apologize. Just unstick that float :busted:

Thanks again for navigating Tapeleg. I had a great time riding and meeting everyone. Hope to get another ride in on Friday 11th - keep you posted.