Sign in to follow this  

California Praire City Harescramble

Anyone know when it is? I heard its November 5, And I want to do it but never done a harescramble. Is Praire City for beginners?

Good place for a first race even if we get a bunch of rain by then.

Remember that a hare scramble will have you out racing for up to two hours of course time.

Don't try to win your first one in the first two laps. You need to first finish to finish first.

This would be a great first HS, conditions should be really good, get there in plenty of time to sign up and get to your race unhurried, you'll have a great time! You won't have any trouble with the terrain, PC is very beginner friendly.

Anyone know when it is? I heard its November 5, And I want to do it but never done a harescramble. Is Praire City for beginners?

If you have any questions on doing the HS, memberships, numbers, etc... please give me a call between 5pm & 9pm and I will try answer any questions.

Kraig Traum

D36 Cross Country Steward

925-260-0315

its saturday the 5th and sunday the 6th, just depends what class you ride in. its a good race to do for your 1st one. i did my 1st race at the prairie city grand prix back in january and had a blast. you can buy a 1 day ama membership and rent a transponder, but i'd recommend just getting the annual membership and buying the transponder cause they are addicting and you'll most likely want to do other races. make sure you get there early enough so you arent rushed before the race trying to sign up , get ready, getting your bike inspected and all that. try to get there at least 1 1/2 hours before your race starts. good luck and have fun :thumbsup:

http://www.ama-d36.org/Raceinfo/10183_2011LillyFlyer2.pdf

I'm 36 yo. riding a XR650R and never raced any thing. Does that put me in C-open class?

We can signup and pay for everything (AMA, D36, Trans, etc) on site before the race? What about numbers?

Thanks

I'm 36 yo. riding a XR650R and never raced any thing. Does that put me in C-open class?

We can signup and pay for everything (AMA, D36, Trans, etc) on site before the race? What about numbers?

Thanks

you can ride in your age class , C vet + (35 and up) or C open, its up to you. you can sign up and pay for everything there, but bring cash. for your first time they will give you a temporary # to stick on your # plate and helmet.

Thanks

Call me at 925-260-0315 between 6pm & 9pm and I will explain what you will need and the costs, I would recommend the C-Vet+ class for 35 years and older.

Kraig Traum

D36 Cross Country Steward

I will be there racing the C vet + class my number is 202H come over and say hi I will give you some good tips I have only done two race this year and the last time I raced was 04. Never got real serious about racing but it sure is fun. First thing you should do this week is practice dead engine starts. We start the bike off then they sound a horn and everyone starts their bike and is off to the first corner. My first race I didn't worry about the start but that will put you at a big disadvantage. If you can start it quickly a good start isn't that hard in c class. See You there.

PC HS's are fun but dont think it will be easy just because that place is flat, the rocks can wear you out after a while. Hevy duty thick tubes will help prevent flats.

Also, watch for course markers, dont just follow. I followed a pack off course then leater lead a pack of course, LOL.

Just pace yourself and have fun!

It is going to be a mudfest. Bring your roll offs. I hope too many people don't back out due to the rain. Should be fun.

Well i finished it yesterday morning and i LOVED it for my first harescramble. I got a little tired, not to challenging. Had to wake up at 5 am to make it in time to get registered for a ama card and d36 card. But i finished 10th out of like 40 in my row the C 85 Class. Cant wait for the next race.

Nice pics!

Had a great time today. I was spent after the first lap but kept on and was able to finish. I'm hoping I win the raffle KTM, cause I don't think I want to do that on a 650 again!

I was thinking the same thing, i should have rode my CRF250R, versus the 450x. The 450x is just heavy.

Nice pics!

Had a great time today. I was spent after the first lap but kept on and was able to finish. I'm hoping I win the raffle KTM, cause I don't think I want to do that on a 650 again!

I was thinking the same thing, i should have rode my CRF250R, versus the 450x. The 450x is just heavy.

I thought about filling my 4.3 gallon tank half way to get me down to about 315 lbs! But no, I didn't want to run out of gas. I had about 3.5 gallons left at the end! LOL