Sign in to follow this  

Husky Brembo caliper on a DRZ?

Picked up a 2007 Husqvarna SMR510 front brake set up for cheap. I really just wanted it for the brembo master cylinder but i couldnt help to think the caliper looks like the one that's in the kit from wheeling cycle supply. Could it be as easy as buying the relocator brackets? Anybody know of it fit?

I'm planing on measuring the mount holes and giving them a call to see if it will work....any info is appreciated

Adam

Sorry, dont know.

I googled. Looks like it could fit indeed.

Measuring the holes/asking wheeling is a way to go.

There may also be a fitment issue inside the wheel: mind the spokes.

This you may have already tried with your disk/caliper/wheel in mockup.

Even better: is there a brembo partnumber on the husq caliper?

Let us know if you find this out, may be a nice mod to others (me) too.

Measured the holes and its indeed 40MM which Ive found brackets for but Im waiting on Forest to call me back from wheeling cycle supply...

Im pretty sure its this same caliper on this webiste as well http://www.qtmi.com/Supermotocalipers.html

first one on the top and it says may not fit all wheels...did a quick search and it looks like it may have to be shaved on the back side a bit which is no big deal. The #'s stamped on the caliper are 6M13-4,5 which didnt cross reference to anything...

Here is someone on a local forum that tried the same i think.

Looks like your caliper and forrests adapter to me.

(Forum is dutch, i can read that)

1. he had to shave a little off the back. no problem so far.

2. he keeps having trouble, the disk touches a little and gets too hot fast.

did not get it to work yet. (winter has come, stopped working on it recently)

3. he is positive that it should work tough.

4. he bought it used, advertised as 'for a dr-z400' IIRC.

http://www.motor-forum.nl/forum/list_messages/290347/30/drz-400-klein-maar-fijn-31.html

sixth post from the top is a pic.

Yep looks like wheelings supply bracket. I'm also gonna try it with the stock 310mm rotor..I wonder y the rotor was dragging? Maybe he had a bad caliper or wrong brakes pads...

^^ Doug is right!

The bracket you want is there for stock wheels.

Make me think the Wheeling one is going to work also.

Yep looks like wheelings supply bracket. I'm also gonna try it with the stock 310mm rotor..I wonder y the rotor was dragging? Maybe he had a bad caliper or wrong brakes pads...

I'm not sure.

I think he tried lots of bleeding, disk warpedness, and i think piston drag.

So maybe a bad calliper indeed?

i went through this exact same thing. axial bracket will work for s or e, not on an sm. there is no axial bracket for an sm, only option are radial calipers or make your own bracket.

i went through this exact same thing. axial bracket will work for s or e, not on an sm. there is no axial bracket for an sm, only option are radial calipers or make your own bracket.

The QTI website has the radial bracket to fit the SM with 171-1502x radial caliper which looks to be the same one from the husky. It should work....talked to Forest over at Wheeling Cycle and he said as long as the mounting holes for the bracket was 100mm it would work (per QTI rep) Going to order the bracket tomorrow so we shall see.

If I need to mill the back of the caliper then no biggie.

Just did a mock up with the caliper but with out the bracket (obviously). It does hit the spokes but not by much. I called QTI and they wouldn't tell how much they mill the caliper down so I'm gonna have to play the guessing game!! Ordering the bracket this Monday :busted: