Ideal bike to convert?

Getting a new bike for offroad, maybe going to do some supermoto as well. I was thinking - what base dirt bike makes for a good/ideal supermoto?

-4t or 2t - is a 2 stroke totally weird or non-ideal for supermoto?

-Is a 250f enough power - boring on pavement? Whats a typical displacement for SM?

-MX or trail type power output and and gearing? (ie, CRF450r or CRF450x?)

-Suspension? (softer offroad or stiffer mx?)

So really, im not necessarily asking 'what is good enough for supermoto', but what bike would you start with for your ideal supermoto bike?

I'd buy a 2012 ktm 450smr. Apart from that, it depends what you intend to do with it. Pure track bike makes very little sense since it shares almost nothing with enduro/mx bike. Shock, forks, brakes, wheels, sliders and everything you'll need cost the same as a dedicated sm bike. Pretty much all 450 mx'ers will be good once they are converted, the best is the one which is the most popular in your area.

the 250 is a good bike in not faster track,more speed in the corner and in the ground but not enought power on exit of corner,if you don put a lot of speed in corner on the exit you are some slow.another problem the engine have less hours of life cause you use it at 100% ever

I'd buy a 2012 ktm 450smr. Apart from that, it depends what you intend to do with it. Pure track bike makes very little sense since it shares almost nothing with enduro/mx bike. Shock, forks, brakes, wheels, sliders and everything you'll need cost the same as a dedicated sm bike. Pretty much all 450 mx'ers will be good once they are converted, the best is the one which is the most popular in your area.

OP is in US, KTM stopped importing those in what, 2006? :/

molotov_billy, do you need street legal or not? If not, orange blue or red bikes would work great, yellow and green not so much since conversion parts are not as readily available. 250 vs 450, depends on your weight and what you want to achieve. Winning local unlimited class races at 250lbs body weight isn't gonna happen, but at 140lbs I had some success when the real fast guys don't show up to race ? Like mentioned above you can't have a GOOD woods bike and a GOOD supermoto in one but I think stock MX suspension with some adjustments would be a reasonable compromise. In SM you want stiff slow compression/rebound, supercross springs (stiff), shorten the bike as much as possible, and yes definitely start with MX bike not enduro, don't need to carry starter around and you want a lot of power.