Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Stewarts deal done

Racer x Twitter says 3 year deal and possible a car deal.

"Stewart's JGR deal is for 3 years on Yamaha. His goal? Beat McGrath's 72 SX wins."

"Stewart also hopes to win both SX and MX titles in the same season, something he has yet to do."

now, stay healthy, don't over ride the tracks, and you will be golden holmes!! One race at a time and the title is yours. (my words to JS7)

We all know that boy is one bad dude on a scooter. RV is a bad mofo as well. Hopefully this season will battle all the way to Vegas, which we are planning on attending! Dungey betta get that Ktoom figured out cuz hes gonna need all hes got to be in the hunt this year. Reed...well, he will probably have to start thinking about running the team and finding new talent after this season. Hes a badass as well, but he just doesn't quite match the speed and intensity ol RV and JS have. Looking foward to this season boys, its gonna be a good one!

I dont think JS has enough years left to come even close to breaking the "Kings" record, there are just too many riders out there that can win and each win they get knocks JS that much further into the next year.

now, stay healthy, don't over ride the tracks, and you will be golden holmes!! One race at a time and the title is yours. (my words to JS7)

Your words are good for all of them.

3 year deal means he gets to relax, take his time and think long term.

The USA today article obviously speaks to his popularity. Its rare that a supercross rider gets that that kind of headlines. Like him or not, he's the most visible and recognized name in the sport. Aside from his not-so-secret fetish to be a cop, he does represent the sport well.

That's one bad-ass looking truck. I think I want to buy that more than I want to buy the Yamaha. I wonder if he's getting any Toyota dollars.

I dont think JS has enough years left to come even close to breaking the "Kings" record, there are just too many riders out there that can win and each win they get knocks JS that much further into the next year.

Its a worthy goal. He probably won't do it in the next three years, but he's 25 yrs old and there's nothing wrong with trying.

How old was Stefan Everts when he was still racing at the top of his game. Wasn't he over 30 and still winning titles in Europe?

Edited by mauricedorris

I going with this for 2012 SX:

JS

RV

RD

BM

CR

MMMMMM Close...

RV

JS

RD

TC

CR

:thumbsup:

MMMMMM Close...

RV

JS

RD

TC

CR

:thumbsup:

Crap i always forget about TC.... He's going to be mixing it up with the top 3 as well.

Man... This year is going to be good. :ride:

Crap i always forget about TC.... He's going to be mixing it up with the top 3 as well.

Man... This year is going to be good. :ride:

I almost did myself....Im hoping that he brings that intensity to the track again this season.. I know Im no TC but after a few hard core operations ive slowed , reeeeeeeally hoping he charges like he knows how!! Im a big fan :thumbsup:

RV has had a few bumps and bruises the past few years as well . that didnt seem to slow him down to much . The only one that has been pretty much injury free is RD

I don't think anybody is going to be able to keep up with RV....his focus and controlled speed were evident at MEC and its hard to imagine any mental lapses after SX, MX, MXDN and MEC chmapionships...

Unless of course JS takes him out...

RV has had a few bumps and bruises the past few years as well . that didnt seem to slow him down to much . The only one that has been pretty much injury free is RD

And notice RD's riding style compared to RV, TC and JS.

Little more reserved, smooth and technical.

RD seems to be this generations David Bailey , good form, elbows up. his consistancy and unwillingness to ride over his comfort level will serve him well as far as championships are concerned. remember, the dnf in supercross , running out of gas at (freestone?) with a 10 second lead and 2nd moto at southwick were mechanical gremlins not rider error.

100% Agreed.. However TC was barely back in the saddle (what was it his second race back?) and then a major break of the same bone... Hes a true champion so I do think he'll be able to shake it and go hard and aggressive again.

Man, January cant come soon enough. Hope these boys all remain healthy throughout the SX testing !!!!!!!!!!!!