Sign in to follow this  

Nuetech Tubliss on 09 250sxf

I am wanting to install Tubliss on my new toy (09 250sxf) which I will be using for MX play only.

I have had these tubliss units hanging in my garage for a while and figured these may be ideal for my new steed.

The rims are the Takasago Excel A60's:

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/Reviews/News/MXA-PRODUCT-TEST-Excel-A60-Rims-3855.aspx

Wondering if the Tubliss setup will still be compatible with these rims?

Also, tips and traps for install of the nutech tubliss (besides what is shown on their install video)?

Byte

Wondering if the Tubliss setup will still be compatible with these rims?

It's a clear "yes, but ...". I've been running the Tubliss for years now and been using it with the A60s since almost 2 years; I'm also racing this setup and it has worked absolutely flawless at this years Romaniacs. The A60s have a little different rim shape and I have experienced some issues with chafing around the valve stem of the inner tube. Since I don't like the stock Tubliss setup with the nut and rubber washer anyways I replaced this with a ~5cm (2") sliced-open piece of an old Tubliss innertube with a 8mm hole punched in the middle. The nut on the valve stem is replaced with a 8mm ID washer, preferably like the ones which come stock on regular tubes, and secured with a simple o-ring which also seals the valve-stem hole. No more chafing and a bulletproof setup.

I'll be gone for two weeks of riding in the Greek mountains, naturally fully "tublissed", so I may not be able to reply anytime soon :thumbsup:

Michael

Thanks for replies.

Is it hard to get the right pressures with these units for whatever reason?

I have read elsewhere that there is a fair amount of trial and error involved in ensuring the right pressures are obtained, your wheels feel like they are out of balance and when airborne, alot more vibration is felt from the wheels...

Any thoughts on these points would be good.

Byte

you read to much! LOL none of those issues for me at all, on 2 bikes since they came out, pretty much.

they're no more out of balance than a normal set of wheels.

Just make sure you know what you need to do to fit the kits and follow the instructions.... use plenty of lube (i use window cleaner as it evaporates), use Slime (or similar product) to seal the beads and when you get a puncture in the tyre.

thanks.

I am advised that I should only install Tubliss on brand new tires because of the impression in the tire from the previous rim lock will cause leaks..

Why can't I just place the rim lock of the Tubliss in the same location as the previous rim lock - negating any potnetial for leaks in this area?

Byte

the Tubliss rimlock grips the tyre in a different place than a normal rimlock.

You could try it esp if you're using slime etc, if it doesn't seal just look at it like it's a training excercise :thumbsup:

I've run them on used tires, its not ideal but it is possible, you may just need a little slime to seal everything up, I have been using armor all on the inner liner works great, or anything with silicone in it. mine are still holding 20 psi sitting in the shop now for 2 weeks. no i dont run 20 just testing them out.

thanks.

I am advised that I should only install Tubliss on brand new tires because of the impression in the tire from the previous rim lock will cause leaks..

Why can't I just place the rim lock of the Tubliss in the same location as the previous rim lock - negating any potnetial for leaks in this area?

Byte

I've run them on used tires, its not ideal but it is possible, you may just need a little slime to seal everything up, I have been using armor all on the inner liner works great, or anything with silicone in it. mine are still holding 20 psi sitting in the shop now for 2 weeks. no i dont run 20 just testing them out.

Try holding 10 in them for 2 weeks. lol

yeah, I have them in my bike and I have slime in the tires. I have to add air before every ride. They last about 4hrs holding the same PSI and then drop a little. So I start with a little more psi knowing it will come down some. Over night tires are completely flat. Its a little PITA to air them up every ride, but it keeps me checking tire pressures which is good anyway. If I was riding for two weeks in the Mountains I might be a lot more hesitant to run tubliss.

I lose very little air.

try putting the wheel in a bath of water to see where the leak is.

If i was you i'd let the air out the tyre and the innertube and lube the bead with either a soap/water solution (lots of soap to make it slippy) or something like Armour All then re-inflate the innertube then the tyre

Mine are good for a few weeks before I need to add any air to them. follow the instructions and you can not go wrong.

well it might be my rims or something, but I have had three different sets of tires on and I have used slime on the bead and in the tire. I use more soapy water than needed when installing them and no matter what I do they leak out over night at best. I have had a couple hold air for a week or two when first installed but then loose air after a couple rides.

I've just checked my spare set of tyres..... I've not used them for ages, deffo not used them for a month, more likely two months and one had 11.5 and the other had 12.5 and they would have had 15psi when i last used them.

Does your bladder go flat? if not your inner seal must have a nick in it. get a new one and I bet your problems go away.

nope the tubliss holds air for days, just the tire goes flat.. Ill find a big bucket and check where the leaks are coming from.