Sign in to follow this  

Position 2? other (jet needle) 63-to??

I bought a 2000 cr 125. I rebuilt the top end but it runs super rich. Turns out the guy I bought it from put a Pro Circuit Exhaust and didn't change the jets. The Pro Circuit site suggests the main be 340, pilot 40, position 2, then "other" (jet needle) 63-to.

What is position 2? And, "other" (jet needle) 63-to?

It is spitting unburnt 32/1 gas/oil out the pipe, idles fast, and bogs when you give it throttle. Eventually it hits and has good power.

So you are saying it loads up, then once you are 'on the throttle', it clears out and runs well?

Do you trail ride or track ride?

Are you sure the reeds are in good condition?

I have not ridden it much, maybe a couple of minutes at the most (wasn't much fun!). It never runs great but gets better at higher rpm's. The reeds looked pretty good. I will know for sure tonight when I replace the jets (340/40). It was a one owner bike and I work with the guy, he never changed the jets when he put the Pro Circuit pipe on. I live in Illinois so it is running rich, hence the spooge coming out of the pipe. We'll know for sure tonight if that is the only problem.... Only thing left is the reeds. *Thanks for the needle position advise! I changed that last night (it was in the #3 position).