Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone done the mod from 300 to 250

Just wondering if anyone done these, or if it can be done?

i know the opposite is possible...by buying the kit, but i guess if you get all the parts individually you can built your self a 250?

it would be nice since am new to my 300 and i think am not much of a short shifter and like to wring it!!!

Hey, I guess you were reading my mind. I just posted on ktmtalk the same.!! Its very easy to do if you can get a complete cylinder with pv and head from somebody who has gone the other way, or else it is not worth the money which can reach 1000 Euros! And that is not including the cdi.

Lots of people have gone down to 250cc or have sold their 300's and have decreased the race times due to the lighter feel and softer bottom end. The 300 can be made soft and linear but still feels heavier than the 250 in the tight stuff.

Also, if you want more linear power with overrev try the green pv spring and the suzuki NECJ needle series, It has changed the 300's grunt to an overbored MX bike power wise but without the 2 stroke hit. Try it out, its the best mod together with the head mod for this bike.

i think we are in the same path on the 300 wise...:thumbsup:

i tried the green spring but wasnt very happy with it...without the suzuki needle!!

what is the head mode? is it the sx head?

how your suspension setup going....give us an update

Also, if you want more linear power with overrev try the green pv spring and the suzuki NECJ needle series, It has changed the 300's grunt to an overbored MX bike power wise but without the 2 stroke hit. Try it out, its the best mod together with the head mod for this bike.

Then if you want more get the 250sx CID box w/ the carb...

The 300 can be made stronger than the 450's easily. Get your carb oval bored and send your head to mikeS and then add the sx250 cdi and you have the perfect 450 killer.

wblake

The head on your Husaberg is the same as the 2011XC which is closer to the SXS head. When you open your cylinder for a rering at about 80hrs set your x dimension to 0 and you won't look back.

Concerning the suspension, I swapped to the 44 springs and bike is much better, doesn't bottom out and is still supple over the rocks. Now the shock is showing its weeknessess so I will get it revalved next month hopefully.