Sign in to follow this  

California Let's piss off the moderators again!

My son crashed hard this past weekend!

I asked him if he wants to go again this next weekend.

He doesn't.

I was thinking I could just buy a kayak & join the Hare Krishnas :thumbsup:

P.S. The bike was bent & some plastic was broken, but it started right up & was asking for more. I was hoping I could fix it again.

Edited by superslyko
Maybe I could just get banned & come back as BB!

I didn't realize if you partake in mild ribbing of someone that the posts would be purged by the moderator. Seemed extremely tame compared to the making fun I have heard people engage in my whole life. Was interesting to see.

I didn't realize if you partake in mild ribbing of someone that the posts would be purged by the moderator. Seemed extremely tame compared to the making fun I have heard people engage in my whole life. Was interesting to see.

What you might not realize is sex-change bob(aka YamahaGinger) is now dating that particular mod. and got their feelings hurt. BobbaGinger or BigGinger or whatever it is, is finding out, it's much easier to dish it out than it is to receive. Ain't ya sug....

Edited by skipro3
to see if mods have a sense of humor...

Uhhhhhh................

Kevorkian is dead.

Some guys are just a little slow on the uptake. :thumbsup:

If a man is terrified, it's up to me to dispel that terror. - Jack Kevorkian

Edited by superslyko
Not the sharpest knife in the drawer

P6120079_2.jpg

My mistake. I'm sorry. Trivial semantics. :thumbsup:

I miss Ego! :ride:

Edited by superslyko
Now that's what I'm talking about!

So I thought the moderators cleansing of the posts was a little strong for the flavor of the thread and I also got a PM of why a little of that may be, but I went and I looked through some of the old threads to try and understand what is going down. Now, who knows if those threads have been cleansed as well...? But it seems....

Superslyko tends to call for everyone, in a somewhat dramatic way, to come out and ride and often prove they can tackle "this thing or that". The posts seem to be equal parts playful bravado, a call to action, and a desire to get everyone in on the fun....often with doses of self-deprecation for having had difficulties himself or appreciation for those who taught him something.

It also looks like this is taken by some to be an elevation to the heights of the fraternity or Varsity team without having been "proven"?

I see a lot of really passive-agressive remarks towards him, and some that are downright aggressive to which he seems, to a great deal, to react to with lightness and positivity. It also looks like he may have flaked at some times for various reasons that set a couple people off. He also seems to be heavily ridden by a past big poster....so maybe people liked the flavor of the website when this past big poster held the pulse of the conversation and not slyko?

Am I on to something here? I must admit to not taking a lot of time to play detective, but did I more or less get it? So is this a reaction to the "flavor" of posters on here?

Anyways, don't want to make a spotlight on just one person, but things get heated a bit...almost like there is a divide? Maybe I need to take this offline and have someone PM me why that is? Seems a big enough space that we can put up with differing personalities, take some ride reports with grains of salt, get some insight and answers to questions, and, if you are into it, maybe meet up with people who love this sport as much as you.

I'm off to a long meeting....excite to check back in to this one. :thumbsup:

Edited by RabidDove_NorCal
rambling man..."get to get to a bit" whaaa? Engrish plz

heh, that yzwiley is a linguist. His posts are fun like cheese corn puffs. Little bright nuggets of fluff that don't offer much substance. They leave you wondering, what is it he is objecting to as whiny? The whole topic? My interpretation of events? The original poster? People discussing something he isn't particularly interested in? Maybe this topic just takes more than a one sentence response and that is too much? Well, whatever the reason....I still have my curiousity that needs a feedin'!

People get shy all of the sudden. Where are my internet warriors when I need them? :thumbsup:

I wouldn't read to much into the shenanigans of CA TT forum, its all smoke and mirrors.

Been a while since we've seen any alter egos, wonder if they were banished.

That other thread was comedy. I'm bummed I went riding and missed the drama that got it sanitized. I assume someone got a little cranky? Slyko? Boobers? Jerry? ....did Twinkie think it was all about him?

...and Lovie Dovie, you're definately a newbie around here. More lurking may be something to consider.

I'm a newbie period. Not just around here. To the entire sport. But I like to jump into things full force. Soccer. Snowboarding. Marine Corps. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Now riding. Those are things I have been passionate about. And I have been fairly adept at all of them, but four knee surgeries might keep this one in check....we will see.

But more lurking for what? This started because I thought it silly that a thread was purged for what seemed like harmless ribbing. Was wondering why its so touchy in here. Heh, things are secret society in here sometimes. Its cute.

But more lurking for what?

To realize who've invited to blow-up your water closet.