Sign in to follow this  

Floppy rear fender...

Can you guys give me some advice? Below is a picture of my 2003 250 SX with aftermarket Acerbis black fenders I got from Rocky mountain ATV.

feefa923.jpg

6c31ce00.jpg

My problem is that as you well know... you bounce up and down a bunch while out riding and my rear fender is taking a beating from the extra weight of the lights and plate.

Anyone know of a way to remedy this?

Thanks.

Edited by The Salt

I have an 00 300 EXC, under the fender is some plastic support for the tail light. Is there anything under the fender, or is the light and plate attached directly to the fender?

I have an 00 300 EXC, under the fender is some plastic support for the tail light. Is there anything under the fender, or is the light and plate attached directly to the fender?

There is a small amount of support from the light tray... about 6 inches. My old XR650R had a separate sub-subframe to stop the flop. Just wondering. :thumbsup:

I had a similar setup. "Had"... I few big hits and your tire will eat the thing. Sorry I am not any help but my tire ate mine before I had a chance to figure something out. First ride and that thing was gone.

I had a similar setup. "Had"... I few big hits and your tire will eat the thing. Sorry I am not any help but my tire ate mine before I had a chance to figure something out. First ride and that thing was gone.

Comforting. :thumbsup: