Sign in to follow this  

New bike, new trials rider pics included

Well after posting a dreaded which bike thread a long time ago, and lurking lots I finally bought myself a trials bike.:ride: I got a 2007 Cabestany 2.9 I dabbed into trials when I was younger on mtbikes so ill see how well that transfers into bikes once I heal up from a broken/dislocated shoulder :thumbsup: I havent been this excited to try a new bike in a long time! Heres the pics as promised.

PA250023.jpg

PA250022.jpg

PA250021.jpg

PA250020.jpg

PA250019.jpg

PA250018.jpg

I may be a Beta rider but I've always thought the Sherco's were the prettiest trials bike and that one's a beauty. Welcome to the sport.

But if u do lock it up - lock it to something solid. Trials bikes are way too easy to just pick up or in your case roll out the door on the rear wheel.

Nice ride! :thumbsup:

Nice bike that will great for you. Welcome to the small minority of us on here that don't have a GG!

Just for your own info, that's a standard '07 not a Caby. Or it might be an '06 Caby if the graphics got changed.

I've already checked out the site thanks, I'm in the Niagara region you?

I'm about 18 hours from you..... Thunder Bay. I always get my hopes up that a new rider will be local and I'll have someone to ride with!! Probably have a better chance of winning the lottery. I get down that way for the odd national, though.

Enjoy the new bike! And make sure you read the R-E-S-P-E-C-T thread before you loan the bike to your buddies to try in the driveway!!

Jon

Nice bike that will great for you. Welcome to the small minority of us on here that don't have a GG!

Just for your own info, that's a standard '07 not a Caby. Or it might be an '06 Caby if the graphics got changed.

I just went back to refresh my memory. For sure not an '06 caby. It's a standard '07. '07 was a good year, even though it looks almost identical to the '06 they made small geometry changes that made the bike ride (and turn) a lot better!

But if u do lock it up - lock it to something solid. Trials bikes are way too easy to just pick up or in your case roll out the door on the rear wheel.

Nice ride! :thumbsup:

I have a disc lock on the rear wheel as well, but you guys are probably right better safe then sorry will lock it to something tonight

I just went back to refresh my memory. For sure not an '06 caby. It's a standard '07. '07 was a good year, even though it looks almost identical to the '06 they made small geometry changes that made the bike ride (and turn) a lot better!

Ok good to know thanks. Any other info/tips from sherco owners or those in the know is more than welcome:thumbsup: Man I hope the snow isn't flying yet by the time my shoulder is healed 4 weeks to go!

Did some more research myself and your definitely right its not a cabestany replica, which doesn't disappoint me at all as that wasn't a selling feature. Few question probably dumb ones but I find with the small amount of info out there coupled with not knowing what words to actually search for I have a hard time finding the info I need.

Are these bike plug and play ready to hook a light up?

Shorter shifter options for technical trail ride days? or is the stock one not bad once you get used to it? I would imagine it would be just as easy to leave it in one gear and slip the clutch when you need to?

Bar ends are the bars the same size i.d. as big bikes?

I found a few sites with a few aftermarket parts are there any good sites/aftermarket companies or mainly oem?

Thanks

They came stock with head lights. With that it had a big funky head light/kill switch combo like you might find on a street bike. Most people removed all that extra wiring and switch and installed a simple kill button.

The 2010's on up have a shorter shift lever. It will fit your bike.

Bar ends should be the same, S3 and Hebo bar ends will fit your bike.

I know of a good U.S. Site, but I can't say it.

Nothing else really besides the basics

I called RYP (ryan yound products, the US importer of shercos) to ask about a headlight for my 09 125, the guy was really nice and said they probably had one laying around that was taken off a new bike. he sold me the light, wiring, and switch for $20 plus shipping. I haven't installed it yet, but it's a very small bulb, like a 194 bulb for a car if you're familiar with those. but i'm sure having a little extra light will help

started tearing it down today to grease bearings/inspect everything. Water pumps seized! Pulled the case cover off, all the teeth are gone from the plastic drive hear! Not a huge deal i suppose. My main question, I have trans oil coming out the breather tube once it warms up. I drained and refilled to the correct capacity and same thing. could parts of the water pump teeth be blocking something inside, causing this? Should I split the cases or just let the trans chew up the plastic?

I would say your water pump seals are also gone, this is allowing coolant into your crank case and pushing oil out. Change the pump gear, seals and shaft if needed. Check for any plastic around the clutch gears, it'll make a terrible sound if it gets wedged in the gears. After that you should be good to go. Not a major problem or one that should be too expensive, just a bummer having to tear down your new bike.

ya, it does but the seller is paying for the parts and I still cant ride it anyway so its all good :busted: I didn't notice any coolant in the oil though. I guess it wouldnt take much though to put pressure in the trans and push oil out?

I've already checked out the site thanks, I'm in the Niagara region you?

Hello there. I am just re-entering the sport of trials riding having found an old beaten up Fantic.

I'm in W.NY but spend many weekends just outside Port Colborne. There's something on trialsontario.ca about Port Colborne and a riding at a quarry...?

It's a bit late in the season now but I'd love to join up with anyone that rides locally in NY or Ontario (Niagara region).

Cheers...