Sign in to follow this  

Cutting out at wot

Close to full throttle {past 3/4} and it cuts out and bogs. It was running fine and then went to ride the next day and this is what started happening. I have cleaned the carb, new fuel, new plug, wiring harness, new cdi, coil, stator, flywheel, differant carb, added another ground, eliminated switches. It has strong compression on a newer piston, valves are is spec and havent changed. I'm at a loss, I have eliminated everything and my last guess is exhaust valves are leaking. Any thoughts!!!

My 05 did that, the previous owner was a moron and had totally the wrong jets and needle. Have you owned it long?

178 main is pretty fat for being in Florida. 172 is what you need and the needle should be where it's at or up 1 more notch.

i've been down to 172 but havent leaned the needle. I'll give it a try...Thanks

Double check to make sure that you don't have an air leak anywhere. It sounds like a lean condition, but where your jetting is at I'd have to guess rich.

i've been down to 172 but havent leaned the needle. I'll give it a try...Thanks

Double check to make sure that you don't have an air leak anywhere. It sounds like a lean condition, but where your jetting is at I'd have to guess rich.

already looked for air leaks and even changed boots, but I'll look again... i have spent alot of time trying to eliminate everything... guess I'll pull the head and check to see if valves are leaking