Sign in to follow this  

is it wrong?

Is it wrong to ride on farmland that we dont own? After harvest of course. I have been looking at google earth around my house (rural area) and notice lots of nice forest areas in the middle of the field. Would love to do some exploring with the boy, but dont want to get shot or arrested. What do you all think? Would you ride around on others land? Any stories?

If you have to ask it probably is. I sure wouldn't want some renegade durt bickers riden on mah propurty.

Well its trespassing so yes, why not just go ask the owner i bet they wont care and you avoid getting shot which is always a plus.

and wow xpress either lay off the brew or check out this web site http://www.hookedonphonics.com/ :thumbsup:

Without prior consent? Absolutely it's wrong. Get your pals together, plan a polite meeting with the land owner if you know where he lives, and ask him respectfully. YTou might be surprised how it goes if you ask. We do it all the time in High Powered Rocketry and farmers are very kind, generous people if you show them the respect and ask them first.

I would find the owner and ask It shows you have no means of tearing up the land makes you look good and shows you have um balls for lack of a better term

"After harvest" also means hunting seasons (Dear/Turkey/Waterfowl/Upland birds and archery/firearms seasons for each) are starting up, so the land owners/farmers already have an eye out and a gun ready for belligerent armed poachers. Ask before you get shot. :thumbsup:

And remember that a fall harvest DOES NOT mean all planting is done for the year. You'll really piss 'em off if you unknowingly tear up a recently planted winter wheat field.

It's never okay to go on private property without permission. Set a good example for your son, and go ask the land owner. If he says no, respect his answer. If he says yes, good for you.

it's never okay to go on private property without permission. Set a good example for your son, and go ask the land owner. If he says no, respect his answer. If he says yes, good for you.

+1

jj

Alright guys, i get it. Guess i already knew better or i would have never asked. Its just so damn hard to resist, all the land around here, farms and woods. No big power lines or logging roads around here. Just found some public ohv trails on the web after i started this thread so it looks like santa is gonna be bringing some spark arrestors this christmas. Thank you all for the replies. Helpin keep me honest or responsible or adult or whatever. Anyone got good tresspassing stories? Maybe an example of why not to for others like me considering tresspassing to ride.

just go ask around. Never know, they may be ok with it or know of a close place that you can ride.

If there is not a "No trespassing"sign, I wouldn't consider myself doing anything wrong by riding there.

Now, if I were going to ride solely on somebody's property, I would definitely ask permission.

Theres an old coal tip down by me and people have been riding bikes there for years and years and never had any trouble off anyone, The owner is some hot shot business guy who lives on the other side of the country, Nobody has ever asked permission because if they asked then the owner would know theres people using his land and could turn around and say no and put fences/gates up etc or get worried that if theres an accident then he could get sued so maybe its better by not asking !!!!

There is a lot of farm land around me and some of the guys let me ride while others will not. There is a large hay field (about 80 acres) that is adjacent to my property. I had never gotten permission to ride on it but have been riding around the edges for a couple of months. The land owner saw me riding along the fence row last weekend and asked me to stop. I told him that I fully understand and I will not do it again. The same guy leases out another field usually planted in soy beans or corn across the road from my house and has no problems with my son and me riding on it after it has been picked.

90% of the land in this province is privately owned. If we didn't ride on private property, there would only be a couple places to ride.

The only people who ever care are the city types who think they'll enjoy the country and bring the city attitude with them.

90% of the land in this province is privately owned. If we didn't ride on private property, there would only be a couple places to ride.

The only people who ever care are the city types who think they'll enjoy the country and bring the city attitude with them.

i tend to think the country people who live in the country for the fact its peaceful and quiet are more incline to care more, especially if these people are using the land as a livleyhood