Sign in to follow this  

05 CRF 250r antifreeze problem

i just had a top and bottom end put in my bike and i now have about 11hrs on rebuild. here lately i have been smelling antifreeze pretty bad, i had to add about 2 cups to it not too long ago and was just wondering where could that antifreeze have gone? and why am i smelling antifreeze when i ride it? i don't see it leaking anywhere...can anyone help me with this issue

assuming coolant is not leaking past a loose hose clamp it's probably coming out the overflow, meaning it's over heating.

Could be the type of riding your doing or it's jetted lean.

My scoot is jetted pretty spot on, however I run supercool coolant and a stiffer cap...MX only.

jetting is good and doesn't seem to be running lean or anything..i run the supercool coolant as well and now that i think about it, it seems to have started doing it once i switched to it. i think i am going to try a stiffer cap.. what size do you use?

well, i think i figured out the problem with the smelling antifreeze deal..my dumba$$ just noticed that my right radiator is warped or tweaked whatever you want to call it..i am not 100% sure that is the problem tho..what do you guys think?

Common issue is bent fins on the radiators. I've seen radiators bent beyond recognition and no leaks and functions perfectly. Power washing the radiators easily bends the fins not allowing air to pass through them. You may not notice it running a little lean. The weather starting to get cold so you may want to back out your air/fuel mixture screw a 1/4 of a turn and see if that helps out. I don't care what part of Ohio you're from, it's cold and carb bikes are running lean. Watch the post start flying.

the whole right side radiator looks like a piece of wood that is warped..plus the fins are all bent up..it does have a slight bog to it and it started happening recently..i know the weather is the main reason for the bog, but i didn't know that the radiator being warped would cause it to bog..why would that be?